It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:29 am 

Hello everybody :)
I have a huge problem with textures. That problem was already mentioned on this forum, but in my case none of suggestions worked.
A lot of textures are white, like on this screenshot:
I tried as many as many ways from different forums.
In one case it worked: I disabled Intel Graphics and textures were fine, but game turns into "slideshow". When i disabled Radeon graphic card (Intel i've turned on, of course) textures were fine too, but game turns into "slideshow" again.

I please You for help. I can't slove many of puzzles in game because of missing textures.

I have:
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- AMD Radeon HD 7600M series

My DxDiag file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Li4nb3eOeqRzlrRVlSa1ZBWnM/view?usp=sharing

Thank You for any help

And the wrong rhyme
On the wrong day
Of the wrong week
Used the wrong method
With the wrong technique" (Depeche Mode - Wrong)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:42 pm 

It seems that only your Intel display card is activated.

1- Go to your Control Panel / Administrive Tools / Computer Management / Left side menu / Device Manager / central menu / Display adapter / unroll arrow / right click "Intel HD Graphics 4000" entry and disable it / then make certain your "AMD Radeon HD 7600M series" is enable after right clicking it.

2- When your "AMD Radeon" is on, make certain that you have the right driver for it. If you need to upgrade the old driver do not forgot to delete it from Programs and Features, first, before installing the newer one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:22 pm 

I did it all, but still with no effect. I spent all weekend on uinstalling and installing drivers, newer, older etc. Besides i use GPU-Z which show me that AMD boot up with game. Texture displaying itself doesn't matter for me, but in most cases handicap me sloving puzzles in game.
[Sorry for my bad English, hope You understand]

After all, Thank You for help :')

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

This may sound drastic, but have you tried a fresh install from a Windows disk? I have an Acer with "dual graphics" with possibly the same dedicated graphics as yours. Mine never worked right with drivers from AMD, and only did OK with the graphics driver from the laptop manufacturer which were already old. After reinstalling Windows from a Windows disk, the graphics drivers from AMD work like they should.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:29 pm 

Oh, maybe it would be work. But i haven't Windows Original Disc. When i bought my computer i received none. Besides, i'm afraid of my other games. Maybe Uru will works on Windows Virtual Machine as XP? I can't do that too because of my Windows. It's not Professional :P
It's worst that my computer doesn't work fine with old Myst serie and it's too weak for Obduction.

All technical life with problems :(

After all, Thank You :)

And the wrong rhyme
On the wrong day
Of the wrong week
Used the wrong method

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:16 pm 

If you DXDIAG report is right, your computer is not using your AMD Radeon graphic card.

If you do disable your Intel card and use your AMD card it would possible to reverse the process if you so desire at a later time.

One way to check this is by doing a DXDIAG after switching the graphic cards and it should tell you which driver it is now using.

Edit:
if you have a laptop did you add a AMD Radeon at the time of purchase or did someonelse installed it for you ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:23 am 

1. I've reinstalled my Radeon again after my first post on this topic. So Dxdiag can be different now. Besides, i did Dxdiag report when no game was turned on. Radeon switch on when i start the game.
2. If i disable Intel Graphics game will be a "slideshow" as i wrote in my first post.
3. My Radeon card was installed on my laptop when i bought it. Everything was fine with that card until Windows 8.1 was installed (without my permission :x). Then my computer goes crazy.
4. I never played on that laptop Uru/Myst before. I had older laptop with Windows XP and game worked fine.

I've made another Dxdiag report:
1. When game is off: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Li4nb3eOeqdmpCTWdteDNaOVE/view?usp=sharing
2. When game is on: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Li4nb3eOeqUTBabzdBLWJMejg/view?usp=sharing

GPU-Z (show usage of graphic cards):
1. When game is off:
a) AMD card
b) Intel card
2.When game is on:
a) AMD card
b) Intel card

From it result that my computer goes crazy with cards, i think.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:57 pm 

toxicana92 wrote:
From it result that my computer goes crazy with cards, i think.

I agree. I am not a technician so I would go to the place who sold you the computer and have them try for a fix and show them a link to your thread here.

P.S. Have tried Windows 7 compatibility mode / run as an administrator / tick disable desktop composition ?
In the game - graphics tab / anti-aliasing & Anisotropic Filtering at minimum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:14 pm 

Yes, i've tried compatibility mode with different versions of Windows, turned antialiasing off etc.

So, i must go to somebody who fix my problem with cards.

After all, Thank You for help :) Have a nice day :D

And the wrong rhyme
On the wrong day
Of the wrong week
Used the wrong method