It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:14 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:48 am 

Most people seem to think you need 8 people to solve one of the garden ages. Here's a video proving otherwise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICSZg8IeFjU

It's actually not very hard at all.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:50 am 
Obduction Backer

Nice feat! 8) How many tries did it take you to film this? :P

I didn’t quite understand how you decided who would take which cloth. It’s a little hard to follow because we don’t have your map and don’t know which cloth is which. Did you assign them beforehand or did that happen ad hoc based on whoever was closer?

The method I have used to do it with 3 people (and it probably also works with 2 but I’ve never tried it) is to not assign people to cloths but to positions in the sequence: player A takes the 1st, 4th, and 7th cloth in the sequence, player B the 2nd and 5th, player C the 3rd and 6th. That way, everyone has enough time to run to their next cloth. I think we read the door together but you could also have player C do it. Of course, this too requires that everyone knows where every cloth is.

And thanks for finding the cool Badlands remix, that went into my library!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:14 am 
Obduction Backer

I once managed to complete Tsogal by myself, though Delin proved a bit too challenging.

tumblr: kaththedragon

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:59 pm 

Christian Walther wrote:
Nice feat! 8) How many tries did it take you to film this? :P

I didn’t quite understand how you decided who would take which cloth. It’s a little hard to follow because we don’t have your map and don’t know which cloth is which. Did you assign them beforehand or did that happen ad hoc based on whoever was closer?

The method I have used to do it with 3 people (and it probably also works with 2 but I’ve never tried it) is to not assign people to cloths but to positions in the sequence: player A takes the 1st, 4th, and 7th cloth in the sequence, player B the 2nd and 5th, player C the 3rd and 6th. That way, everyone has enough time to run to their next cloth. I think we read the door together but you could also have player C do it. Of course, this too requires that everyone knows where every cloth is.

And thanks for finding the cool Badlands remix, that went into my library!

We got them both first attempt, but there were problems with the recording and we had to do it again next day. Renzey and I probably succeed at abouth 80% of our attempts.

As far as who goes to what cloth; I have a map on my desk and write down the numbers as he reads them, and I just give him instructions based on who is closest to the next cloth on the list. You can't plan it ahead because the sequence is always different.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:05 am 

Sweet! I love the music.

I enjoy solving the gardens with two people. It's more of a challenge. And for an introvert like me it can be very frustrating trying to solve it with a lot of people; especially when you get people who have very strong opinions about it being solved their way with no room for collaboration and cooperation. Not fun.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:52 am 
Obduction Backer

Deck 15: I've never had the kind of experience you describe, even when I've made a mess of calling the door (it's part of learning). As long as everyone realises that it should be Fun, first off, and that *of necessity* the caller is in control, so listen and do what they say.

If there was one improvement I'd make, it would be to have the group stay together for a few minutes afterwards - maybe make it so that the door isn't counted until the guys who ran through come back and tell you about it. The Garden Ages are supposed to be done in a large group, but everyone concentrates on the puzzle and not so many on chatting before and afterwards.

In fact, having a chat session before starting the door would be one way to help.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:43 am 

I would think it would great to have a garden ages
solving time and then come back when the two have
been solved and then have the two persons do the job
alone with everyone out of the way of the two solvers.
It would be wonderful to see it done in real time.
Lets do it.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:19 pm 

Would be nice, but Renzey amd I are only on late at night.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:07 am 
Obduction Backer

KathAveara wrote:
I once managed to complete Tsogal by myself, ~

This is great! :shock:
Two people are necessary to check a number of Cloth.
It is necessary to know the number beforehand.

I tried Door Run (in two people) with a son the other day.
A son was in charge of Caller and Cloth 4 pieces, and I was in charge of Cloth 3 pieces.
Tsogal was at the very limit of time. Delin failed many times. :lol:

Because we were able to play without the need of the chat in the same room, I think that I succeeded. :wink:

Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:06 pm 

I have completed both doors with a bud. We designated cloths, and worked out a good co operation, that if one had a long set to do the other would step in. I do not remember how many tries it took. I have been trying to do a door alone, so far I have gotten to 5 cloths.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:08 pm 

Toki wrote:
KathAveara wrote:
I once managed to complete Tsogal by myself, ~

This is great! :shock:
Two people are necessary to check a number of Cloth.
It is necessary to know the number beforehand.

I tried Door Run (in two people) with a son the other day.
A son was in charge of Caller and Cloth 4 pieces, and I was in charge of Cloth 3 pieces.
Tsogal was at the very limit of time. Delin failed many times. :lol:

Because we were able to play without the need of the chat in the same room, I think that I succeeded. :wink:

I have been able to check my cloth numbers alone. Through a process of elimination. I do the cloths close to door, when I can run and see after I press, then I run the door, and try the unknown cloths one number at a time until I have them all. It is time consuming, but doable.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

angelmyst wrote:
I have been able to check my cloth numbers alone. Through a process of elimination. I do the cloths close to door, when I can run and see after I press, then I run the door, and try the unknown cloths one number at a time until I have them all. It is time consuming, but doable.

Ohh!!
I did not know the method to see a door and cloth alone. :shock:
When I carry it out alone, I start two PCs and look at a door and the cloth with an avatar according to each.

Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]