It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:31 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

is there a current walkthrough? the one I have is dated 2010

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:38 pm 

Last Ah'nonay's touch cloth is in the lab after chair ride (done in first view). If you did get it use the cloth page .

Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
momamia wrote:
is there a current walkthrough? the one I have is dated 2010
Nothing has changed since 2010.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:24 pm 

Is there a walkthrough for this, please? We were using the URU CC's walkthrough and we are stuck. In the tower there was no lever, went to the tunnel back to relto, back to the tunnel and in sphere 3. Oh, and we can't rest the age to start over.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is one point where MOUL the online game differs from the offline URU. It had been changed for URU the be playable as single player. Now it is back the way it was originally designed, as multiplayer puzzle.

Therefore you need to find some helping hand to solve that age in MOUL. Think what function the switch in URU had and how it can be emulated with someone helping you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

HEVY wrote:
Is there a walkthrough for this, please?

J’ffrey’s walkthrough is still relevant. But as mentioned, you’ll need an assistant to complete Ahnonay on MO:ULa.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:43 am 

korovev wrote:
HEVY wrote:
Is there a walkthrough for this, please?

J’ffrey’s walkthrough is still relevant. But as mentioned, you’ll need an assistant to complete Ahnonay on MO:ULa.

Thanks. Is there a way to reset the age, deleting the book doesn't work

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:24 am 

Quote:
Is there a way to reset the age, deleting the book doesn't work

How do I reset an Age to its initial state?

https://eblong.com/zarf/uru/newfaq.html#age-reset

You will almost never need to do this. It should always be possible to turn off or reset the devices inside an Age -- either the same way you turned them on, or by some alternate means.

However, if a bug or some other problem has truly made an Age unplayable, there is a procedure for resetting it. This will undo everything you have done in that Age -- machines will be off, puzzles will be unsolved.

First, you must delete your existing linking book. Go to your Relto bookshelf. Click the "remove" tab below the Age book. (This tab (at bottom of a book) is marked with the symbol of a square with a dot inside.) Confirm that you want to delete the book. The book will slide inwards. Leave it there.

Now, go back to where you found the book originally. (For example, if you are resetting Gahreesen, go to the Relto pillar that held it. The pillar will be open.) Use the book. You will enter the Age at its beginning.

Note: this procedure does not reset your Journey progress. Cloths you have touched are still counted as touched.

Some Ages cannot be reset: the City, the Cleft, Nexus, the Neighborhood. (The Neighborhood "remove" tab is used to switch Neighborhoods or create new ones. See "How do I change my home to a different Neighborhood?" "How do I create a new Neighborhood?")

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Emphasis on “you will almost never need to do this”. I’d suggest asking someone who has already solved the Age to check if something really is bugged.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:00 pm 

Artic_Wagon wrote:
Quote:
Is there a way to reset the age, deleting the book doesn't work

How do I reset an Age to its initial state?

https://eblong.com/zarf/uru/newfaq.html#age-reset

You will almost never need to do this. It should always be possible to turn off or reset the devices inside an Age -- either the same way you turned them on, or by some alternate means.

However, if a bug or some other problem has truly made an Age unplayable, there is a procedure for resetting it. This will undo everything you have done in that Age -- machines will be off, puzzles will be unsolved.

First, you must delete your existing linking book. Go to your Relto bookshelf. Click the "remove" tab below the Age book. (This tab (at bottom of a book) is marked with the symbol of a square with a dot inside.) Confirm that you want to delete the book. The book will slide inwards. Leave it there.

Now, go back to where you found the book originally. (For example, if you are resetting Gahreesen, go to the Relto pillar that held it. The pillar will be open.) Use the book. You will enter the Age at its beginning.

Note: this procedure does not reset your Journey progress. Cloths you have touched are still counted as touched.

Some Ages cannot be reset: the City, the Cleft, Nexus, the Neighborhood. (The Neighborhood "remove" tab is used to switch Neighborhoods or create new ones. See "How do I change my home to a different Neighborhood?" "How do I create a new Neighborhood?")

I've done that, didn't change anything.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:07 am 

Sorry but your remaks are not precised enough as to what you have done.
Where you talking about Uru Live or Uru solo(cds)

1- In Relto what happened when you deleted the book ? Did it go at the back(deleted) ?
2- Did you go to the Watcher's pub to get a new one ?
3- Then happened ? Did you see any cloth page still present ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:30 am 

Artic_Wagon wrote:
Sorry but your remaks are not precised enough as to what you have done.
Where you talking about Uru Live or Uru solo(cds)

1- In Relto what happened when you deleted the book ? Did it go at the back(deleted) ?
2- Did you go to the Watcher's pub to get a new one ?
3- Then happened ? Did you see any cloth page still present ?

I was referring to Uru Live. We deleted the books, but it didn't reset it. We didn't get a new one, I know in the CD you have to get them in the Watcher's Sanctuary, in Uru Live I thought they were just automatically on the shelf because there is no Sanctuary.

Anyway, the good news is my daughter was able to redo the age, she got through the door and in the cart. When the cart was where it was supposed to be she got out and the game went all glitchy, she wound up on Relto and could not get back in the door. One walk-through says there is a shell marker before you get in the cart, it did not say to touch it. Another one did not mention one there, doesn't matter though, there was no shell marker there, if there was she could have wound up in the door when linking back and all would be good. So now we have to do it all again, and I as well, because I don't have the Relto page anymore from there, or the jacket.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:24 am 

In this new version of Uru Live:
1- After deleting the Ercana book you have to get a new book in the Watcher's Pub through the Nexus book.

2- in this version, there is "no" cloth near the Ahnonay chair ride. It is due to the obsession of Cyan to promote a kind of meeting place/date between players (boys & girls).

3- Because the chair ride can be very buggy we suggest you go in "first view" before sitting in the chair up until the end when getting into the lab.

4- If ever needed, you can delete the Ahnonay book but if deleting the Ahnonay book (Cathedral and the main one ) they will be deleted at the same time. You would need to get the Cathedral in the Watcher's Pub which will give you the 2nd book when linking through it to the first island.(becare for the sqabs).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:44 am 

Artic_Wagon wrote:
In this new version of Uru Live:
1- After deleting the Ercana book you have to get a new book in the Watcher's Pub through the Nexus book.

2- in this version, there is "no" cloth near the Ahnonay chair ride. It is due to the obsession of Cyan to promote a kind of meeting place/date between players (boys & girls).

3- Because the chair ride can be very buggy we suggest you go in "first view" before sitting in the chair up until the end when getting into the lab.

4- If ever needed, you can delete the Ahnonay book but if deleting the Ahnonay book (Cathedral and the main one ) they will be deleted at the same time. You would need to get the Cathedral in the Watcher's Pub which will give you the 2nd book when linking through it to the first island.(becare for the sqabs).

Thank you!