It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Getting Kadish sparklie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:44 pm 

I am missing #2 sparklie which is supposed to be located in Kadish Tolsea pillar room. I have completed this age but I can't find a way back there to collect it. Clicking on the image in the book takes me to the start of the age where all the puzzles I solved are now unsolved so I can't move on from there without re-doing them which I don't want to do. The journey cloth link takes me to the end of the age and the only way back through the age seems to be by a ladder which isn't active. So what do I do to get to the pillar room?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:59 pm 

Ask someone if the will take you to their Kadish age. NT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:22 am 

Night-Tripper wrote:
Ask someone if the will take you to their Kadish age. NT

Is that my only option? Surely Cyan didn't make the game with a dead end like that or is it a glitch?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:37 am 

The last journey cloth you touched is supposed to be the middle meza to get to the Bahro cave for the ending of the Gahreesen age so if you still have it, go there. If not, take the elevator and do the two jumps to/from the middle meza to the bigger turning building.

edit:
once there do the running anti-cloockwise the sparklie will be easier to see.

edit # 2: there was a time when the Gahereesen jumping when there was two person in that age was glytchy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI-CXDm ... 8&index=29

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:26 am 

I have the sparklie for Gahreesen. I'm missing the Kadish Tolsea one but I think I know why I can't go back. I have completed all the ages and have returned the pillars so I'm thinking that I will have to reset then replay the Kadish Age. Would I be right in assuming this?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:08 am 

lspace wrote:
I have the sparklie for Gahreesen. I'm missing the Kadish Tolsea one but I think I know why I can't go back. I have completed all the ages and have returned the pillars so I'm thinking that I will have to reset then replay the Kadish Age. Would I be right in assuming this?

No. You can go back down the pillar(s) ladder through the last cloth that should take you inside the Kadish vault and after go down the ladder and raise the proper pillars to get the Kadish's sparklie.

Personnally I use a jump from the middle steps ledge that I used from the hidden steps. Do not forget to touch one of the two cloths around the pilars. One near the pillars entrance or the one in the hidden steps behind the pillards.

Hints:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUlxd0d46vc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:07 am 
Obduction Backer

If you “unsolved” the puzzles by pressing the blue reset buttons then that is your own fault and you will have to solve them again. That’s not a glitch but the way the age is supposed to work. Kadish wanted to be able to lock his doors behind him. (Resetting is required in order to be able to proceed for one puzzle IIRC, but not for most.)

I can’t tell from memory whether Artic is right in that you can get back down into the pillar room from the vault even if you have reset that puzzle (I suspect not), but Night-Tripper’s advice is good and certainly the easiest way.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

The first puzzle always needs to be worked again if you should go back to the start of Kadish Tolesa. Think about how you got the third cloth...

The last cloth you touched is also available to you as a linking point - usually you end up in the vault.

Subsequent puzzles will also be in the state that you left them, so the pillar room should still have the setting that lets you climb all the way up or back down.There is a blue button somewhere at the top which will let you call the ladder back if you have lost it somehow.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:39 pm 

AlanD wrote:
There is a blue button somewhere at the top which will let you call the ladder back if you have lost it somehow.

Do not touch that blue buttom at the top of ladder.

I just tried it. I will bring back the ladder way on top but will not resset it down. the buttom will stay inactive so you will have to play back everything.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Aaaaah, so Kadish used those buttons to lock all the doors behind him then. You can tell I've never actually tried that one, can't you...

Well done for putting in the legwork, Artic_Wagon.

So, you have to reset the first puzzle in order to make progress, but all the others can be left in a "solved" state.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just redo the puzzles. Those of us who have been playing the game for over ten years have had so much practice that we can do them while sleeping ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:59 pm 

Artic_Wagon wrote:
lspace wrote:

No. You can go back down the pillar(s) ladder through the last cloth that should take you inside the Kadish vault and after go down the ladder and raise the proper pillars to get the Kadish's sparklie.

Personnally I use a jump from the middle steps ledge that I used from the hidden steps. Do not forget to touch one of the two cloths around the pilars. One near the pillars entrance or the one in the hidden steps behind the pillards.

Hints:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUlxd0d46vc

That's my problem, I can't go back down the pillars ladder. It is now inactive meaning when I click on it nothing happens.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:39 pm 

Then I am sorry for you. Unless your have a friend that could invite you to play his Kadish age(with the right pillars settings) you will have to replay from the beginning. :(

I suggest to you to replay. It not a bug or a glitch, it was a playing mistake.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:27 am 

Thanks Artic Wagon and all the others who tried to help. I will replay the age. But in Myst that's not such a bad thing, is it? :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:16 am 

Spoiler in case needed...
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Kadish pillars Room SPARKLIE
From Left to right levers
1I = 2I = 3I = 4l
Sparklie solution = #3Lever X 4 times and #2lever X 2 times