It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Guild Of Sleepers
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:11 pm 

With other MOULa connected sites and fan-run places shutting down, I'd just like to reassure everyone that the Guild Of Sleepers website (http://www.guildofsleepers.org) is not going to shut down.

The site itself is on a free website builder called Weebly. I set it up so that our own domain can link to it, and it shows in the site's pages (as opposed to weebly.whatever). I do pay for the domain each year, and that costs me about £12 ($16 / 13 Euro) each year, which I can easily afford.

The site is not shutting down ever, for as long as I breathe (if Weebly shuts down, I'll rebuild the site somewhere else).

That brings us to now ...

So let's talk about the future.

As I said, other sites have sadly shut down. I am happy to expand the Guild Of Sleepers website to fill a gap that has been left. As part of expanding the Guild Of Sleepers website, I would like to invite you wonderful people (no seriously, look at the Myst 25th kickstarter, you guys ARE awesome) to help me.

How can you help?
Right now, I'd like to know how much need there is for help, walkthroughs, info, hints and tips etc for MOULa and other Myst games. Are there any good sites you go to? Are there sites you used to go to, but can't now because they shut down? What info did they have?

Please leave a reply or PM me if you prefer. If I have a better understanding of what the community needs, I can better help you all.

Alien.

Post subject: Re: Guild Of Sleepers
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:04 pm 

I was using this walkthrough to get through some puzzles. Some things are different though because it's technically for the complete chronicles release. It would be great if there was something updated for MOULa but I don't actually know all the changes.

Love what's up on Guild of Sleepers already though! I'm pretty new to the community so there's a lot of great stuff to dig through.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:08 am 

Alien wrote:
With other MOULa connected sites and fan-run places shutting down, I'd just like to reassure everyone that the Guild Of Sleepers website (http://www.guildofsleepers.org) is not going to shut down.

The site itself is on a free website builder called Weebly. I set it up so that our own domain can link to it, and it shows in the site's pages (as opposed to weebly.whatever). I do pay for the domain each year, and that costs me about £12 ($16 / 13 Euro) each year, which I can easily afford.

The site is not shutting down ever, for as long as I breathe (if Weebly shuts down, I'll rebuild the site somewhere else).

That brings us to now ...

So let's talk about the future.

As I said, other sites have sadly shut down. I am happy to expand the Guild Of Sleepers website to fill a gap that has been left. As part of expanding the Guild Of Sleepers website, I would like to invite you wonderful people (no seriously, look at the Myst 25th kickstarter, you guys ARE awesome) to help me.

How can you help?
Right now, I'd like to know how much need there is for help, walkthroughs, info, hints and tips etc for MOULa and other Myst games. Are there any good sites you go to? Are there sites you used to go to, but can't now because they shut down? What info did they have?

Please leave a reply or PM me if you prefer. If I have a better understanding of what the community needs, I can better help you all.

Alien.

We had a very site with lot of informations which is gone. The Guild of Greeters.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Let's plays Uru Live
102 vidéos (of ± 10 mins each) on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... y+uru+live

by Dilandau3000

An old friend used to have a nice Minkata map (by Kierra)

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Fri May 25, 2018 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:20 am 

It looks like the Internet Archive archived the old Guild of Greeters website. It seems like all of the pages are still available. Maybe we could move that information somewhere or bring it back.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:31 am 

GreyfaxGrimwald wrote:
It looks like the Internet Archive archived the old Guild of Greeters website. It seems like all of the pages are still available. Maybe we could move that information somewhere or bring it back.

That was what I was thinking. As I said, the Sleepers website will not be going down.
Thank you for the link. I'll start on archiving it and moving it to the Sleepers website as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:35 am 

One might say the Guild of Sleepers has been sleeping, waiting for this moment.

KI #12987306

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:54 pm 

Another portal's calculater...(I did not test)

http://www.rody.dds.nl/podhopper/podcalc/
Quote:
About accuracy
Many factors affect the accuracy of this calculator. Things like: Is the clock on the client-side synchronised with a time- or NTP-server? Are the regional settings properly configured on the client-side? But there are also other factors like delays caused by the internet or because of heavy load on your computer or the server.

Barring these factors, usually these times are accurate to within 0 to 30 seconds. Sometimes there can be a delay however, which is caused by the fact that the server cannot handle more than a small number of people going through the portal at once. When more than two people await the portal, the server will open the portal for some of them a minute or a few minutes later than the predicted time shown in this calculator. This means that the portals will open either at the predicted time or at most a few minutes later depending on how many people await the same portal.