It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Long time Myst fan but I have not played Uru since Gametap went offline.

I was very surprised at how easily I was able to get Moula working on my Mac! I have several questions regarding the game at this point:

1. I noticed the game doesn't start the same way the single-player campaign did (in the cleft). What implications does this have for my exploration? Can I completely ignore that cleft and visit the other ages first? How will Yeesha introduce me to the ages if that is the case?

2. How can I tell what server I am on? (shards=servers?)

3. I noticed some members on here have the "Obduction backer" tag. I backed both the Obducton and myst 25th anniversary campaigns on Kickstarter. Is it too late to get those tags on here now?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Welcome back, atonaltensor.

1. MOULa is just like it was during the GameTap era, offering players the option of visiting other ages before completing the cleft. But, you'll need to go there to get access to the four Prime Ages.

2. There's only one MOULa server hosted by Cyan. There are others hosted by fans (e.g. Guild of Writers' Gehn Shard), but they would have a different log in, so you'd know if you were on one of those.

3. You have the Obduction Backer tag.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
Welcome back, atonaltensor.

1. MOULa is just like it was during the GameTap era, offering players the option of visiting other ages before completing the cleft. But, you'll need to go there to get access to the four Prime Ages.

Thank you for the answer! Is it possible to beat all of the other quests (including PoTS) without ever starting the cleft? If so, I am going to try it. As a matter of fact, was that ever possible in the offline Complete Chronicles version?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
You might be able to complete all the other stand alone ages, but you won't be able to get to K'veer and Myst without visiting the cleft. Also, there are a lot of access points in the Prime Ages that you need in order to complete the marker quests.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

You don’t need to go to the Cleft for those though if you use someone else’s Prime ages. You can also get to a whole lot of places in your own Prime ages that way, just not the main link-in points. I know because that has been the state of my main avatar on MOULa for years…

(Also, please don’t think of it as beating. Uru is not a thing to be beaten, but a thing to be enjoyed. :))

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:35 pm 

""Also, please don’t think of it as beating. Uru is not a thing to be beaten, but a thing to be enjoyed."" Quote...
I agree wholeheartedly. I have gone thru the ages 5 times, nearly completly(skipped the Pods), and am now trying #6. This time I am relying on my memory, and not my notes for puzzle solves. It never gets old. I love the Cavern...always will.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:15 pm 

A good way to get caught up: https://heritagenight.wordpress.com/

I forgot to return to the thread.