It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Artworks made recently
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:12 am 

FYI, for anyone who does not already know, I have been making a string of Myst paintings, mostly in gouache, as extras to sweeten the deal for whoever buys my copy of "From Myst to Riven" on eBay.

The aim of this auction is to raise funds which will go towards increasing my Firmament pledge. (For anyone who *somehow* doesn't know, Cyan is now in the last 48 hours of a huge Kickstarter campaign for their new game Firmament, which, if it reaches $1.4 million, will be playable for Windows via multiple stores including Steam, Gog.com, will support multiple VR systems, and will be multi-language with Mac and PS4/PSVR support.) I am really hoping the campaign succeeds. I know, almost everyone is aware already, but it needed to be mentioned yet again, for the one or two of you occassional lurkers somewhere on these forums who might have missed the news.

With my auction, that is ending within about 20 hrs, the amount of the auction going to Firmament is the final sale value minus the outbound shipping cost. (There are currently two Aussies bidding, and the cost of shipping this to Australia is around $50 for this size and weight of package, which means my pledge won't actually go up by very much if it ends the way it is now. (Right now I'm pledging $118 total and will increase it on the campaign's last day [April 26])

Current bid is $60.00 for:
-From Myst to Riven, a big old hardcover art book, 1997, Hyperion Publishing. Good condition.
-Prima Guide to Uru: Complete Chronicles including a section in full color about the making of Uru. Not in particularly good condition but still adequate for reading.
-a self-printed booklet, about a dozen pages of materials - screenshots and concept sketches and so on, relating to my Myst fan art past and current, including exclusive early previews of a set of five fan ages I'm actively working on as a 'fan made Uru expansion' which will be posted online as a standalone Myst fangame as well in parallel... and some views of that stuff nobody online has seen so far. There's also material relating to fangame Sehv T'devokan and the remade version in development using the Unity game engine.
-a little MicroSD card, 16GB, with a PDF version of above booklet plus a handful of short .MP4 video clips of fan ages in the works.
-And last but clearly not least, a ton of new handmade art, gouache watercolor on paper, sort of rough generally, and all paintings are 14"x17" or smaller:

I thought these little artworks, in particular, were worth posting here.
The auction listing with views of the books and such, can be seen here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173877337592

I have more paintings completed or in the works that will be ready to ship by the time the auction ends and images of those new additional art items will all be posted here and elsewhere, for people to view, before the auction is over.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:32 pm 

Another one, at this rate, might not be able to post the last batch until after the auction's already over.

Todelmer, gouache: