It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:13 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:58 pm 

From Chogon (see announcements)
Quote:
+ Updated the Zandi Radio music to replace copyrighted material

I have to ask two questions ...
1. It only played Burn You Up Burn You Down by Peter Gabriel. I was under the impression that was licenced/commissioned by Cyan and as such they had permission to use the track in the game. Has that changed?
2. If Burn You Up Burn You Down is no longer playing on Zandi's radio .... what is?
EDIT: 3. How does this affect Uru Ages Beyond Myst? (the offline single-player version)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:52 pm 

Probably the same thing that happened to GTA3 a couple of years ago. The license was purchased for of a certain time. That time was over and so Steam had to remove some songs from the game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

Alien wrote:
1. It only played Burn You Up Burn You Down by Peter Gabriel. I was under the impression that was licenced/commissioned by Cyan and as such they had permission to use the track in the game. Has that changed?

I do not know the particulars of the original license with Peter Gabriel but as far as I know the license has not changed.
The reason that this song was pulled from the MOULa file servers was to pave the way for shards outside of Cyan to be able to host MOULa files on their file servers. Having outside of Cyan Worlds copyrighted materials would have complicated that.
Alien wrote:
2. If Burn You Up Burn You Down is no longer playing on Zandi's radio .... what is?

If you delete the .wav file then you will hear "IV. Allegro Molto" by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. If you don't delete that file then it will play whatever was decompressed before.
Alien wrote:
EDIT: 3. How does this affect Uru Ages Beyond Myst? (the offline single-player version)

Hmmm, not sure. Good question! (I'll raise that flag internally).

Thanks,
Chogon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:56 am 
Site Admin

Peter's song in Uru: Complete Chronicles is good. So, no replacement needed there.

Thanks,
Chogon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:20 am 

Thank you Chogon
And I meant Uru: CC .... I don't know my Uru games as well as I should :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:59 pm 

Any way we can get Toccata and Fugue in d minor, perhaps for next years Halloween?

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Karkadann wrote:
Any way we can get Toccata and Fugue in d minor, perhaps for next years Halloween?

I wonder if you could do it yourself. I was thinking that all it would take was to record the music yourself in the .wav format, or translate it to that one, and then give it the same file name as the original. Finally, you would remove the original .wav file to a safe location and paste in the new one into the same sfx/streamingCache folder.

Would this work? Maybe someone could try it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think that Moul(a) double-checks the files before allowing the game to start so the files have to be the ones issued by Cyan.

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Charura wrote:
I think that Moul(a) double-checks the files before allowing the game to start so the files have to be the ones issued by Cyan.

But if the file had the same name, how would it know that it wasn't the original?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

I would think it would have to be the exact same number of bytes and/or they add something to the actual file to code it as genuine. I've tried it before and it never worked.

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:47 pm 

Is the selected music temporary or will it change if better free music can be found?

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Chogon wrote:
As we have always felt, we really want MOULa to continue and to have new content. However, in its current form, we can not even begin to entertain the idea of making any updates ourselves.

With that in mind, we want to loosen our grip on MOULa just a little bit which should make it easier for fans to get new content into MOULa. We will allow modification to Cyan MOULa assets to be included in updates to MOULa. We will not be releasing any asset sources (for example 3ds max files). We assume that fans will use 'decompile' tools to convert the 'compiled' assets (such as *.prp files) that are included in the running game data sets into something that can be used to be modified.

By allowing this we are trusting the fans to keep the game in the spirit of the original intent but push a way forward.

--Cyan Worlds Team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:35 am 

So I guess it's up to us to find a suitable replacement or does Zandi like classical music now?

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:43 am 

Jamie Marchant wrote:
So I guess it's up to us to find a suitable replacement or does Zandi like classical music now?

I like to think that as it's a radio, Zandi would listen to a variety of music. No-one listens to one track on a loop forever, so Zandi's just changed the channel on the radio.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Buddy wrote:
I wonder if you could do it yourself. I was thinking that all it would take was to record the music yourself in the .wav format, or translate it to that one, and then give it the same file name as the original. Finally, you would remove the original .wav file to a safe location and paste in the new one into the same sfx/streamingCache folder.

Would this work? Maybe someone could try it.
TheScar(.fr) wrote:
(The new music is impersonal as possible... I replaced it by the previous one.)
Alien wrote:
I prefer the Peter Gabriel track, and may even put it back.
Even replacing the new music by the previous one, the new one is downloaded and replace the old one.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next