It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 1:30 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:38 am 

Doug Parker wrote:
Lord Chaos wrote:
If you look among the sound files for the Teledahn Age in your UruCC installation (presumably also any standard Uru installation, but I have CC) you'll find a sound listed as "vapor miner hit." If you play this file in Audacity it sounds as if you've shot this big gadget with the gun. So, I think Cyan calls it a "vapor miner." Shades of Tatooine... I wonder if it speaks Bocce.

I was under the impression that the gun itself is the "Vapor Miner". It was described as some sort of mining implement. Perhaps the large machine is part of the gun mechanism. Maybe it vaporizes the water, then sends it to the turret.

I don't thinks so... doesn't Sharper's journal say that the DRC had Sharper set the gun at the dock? So, it wasn't originally there Watson(?) or somebody wanted it there. Why? I don't think they say...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:54 am 
Obduction Backer

Here's the journal entries in question about the gun:

Quote:
6.1.01 - Back to work here. I'm installing a gun of some kind down on the docks. It's a D'ni mining instrument I believe. Regardless, the DRC, of all people, want it set up. Strange.

6.30.01 - Gun is up. Not working, but up. Laxman will have to get it working, or least give it a shot. Not familiar enough with this kind of D'ni technology.

[....]

11.3.01 - Victor can't get to the gun for a long time. In fact, DRC wants the whole thing taken out now. Fine by me.

[....]

6.25.03 - Funny. Seems like a lot less people are in the city nowadays. DRC is talking quite a bit about visitors' access to Ages that they have not approved. They are a little irritated to say the least, and trying to figure out a way they can control it. I don't think they can. Interesting.

Finally got the gun up and working. Laxman is getting better every day. The guy is a genius. Watson stopped by as well to see it working although he seemed more concerned with me cleaning up the scrap than the gun itself. Typical DRC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:20 am 

There is a bug to the game that allows you to get to the other side of Telly without emptying the water. I have done it many times myself. You can get on top of the hut at the link in point. From there you can jump into the water and then climb down the ladder while the thing is still full of water, go thru the slave cave and out to the dock side.

To get on top of the Hut just make a left when you exit the hut. Pass up the shrooms growing by the hut. Turn around and jump onto the smaller shroom, then turn and jump onto the larger shroom by the handrail.... then turn and jump onto the roof of the hut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:44 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Whoa, Sudre, who thinks to try this stuff? (I know - don't answer).

Reverend Vader wrote:
I missed the fact that the folks at Cyan changed things back around the middle of October. (Thanks, JW!)

Yer welcome. ;)

I was sitting in Teledahn today.... oh boy.
The D'ni Council had one ton of spores.

Just another day in the life. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:27 am 

Now if we could just transplant some of those step-'shrooms around the <koff> tent rope...
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:46 pm 

Out of curiosity I tried to get on the roof of the hut in Teledahn, way cool I made it. But when I jumped in the water, it panic linked me back to my relto. Guess I will have to just try again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lord Chaos wrote:
If you look among the sound files for the Teledahn Age in your UruCC installation (presumably also any standard Uru installation, but I have CC) you'll find a sound listed as "vapor miner hit." If you play this file in Audacity it sounds as if you've shot this big gadget with the gun. So, I think Cyan calls it a "vapor miner." Shades of Tatooine... I wonder if it speaks Bocce.

Actually the sounds are:
  1. tldnVaporMiner_Blast.ogg = the gun sound
  2. tldnVaporMiner_BoxHit.ogg = sound of box being hit
  3. tldnVaporMiner_HopperHit.ogg = sound of our gadget being hit
  4. tldnVaporMiner_RockHit.ogg = sound of rock being hit
  5. tldnVaporMiner_StalkHit01.ogg = sound of mushroom being hit
  6. tldnVaporMiner_StalkHit02.ogg = sound of mushroom being hit
  7. tldnVaporMiner_WaterHit.ogg = sound of water being hit

So the gun is the Vapor Miner and our gadget is a "Hopper" in the sense of container. And while we are looking at unlawful evidence, elsewhere the same object is referenced as VaporMinerHitMeSporeFactory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:37 pm 

Ok, then so that thing is a Hopper, which means when the bucket unloads at the top of the shroom, the spores get sucked into the fan then down through some pipes and into the "Hopper." From there the spores must go out of the spout into some large boat, perhaps, to transport it to another location in Teledahn, probably to pellet it then transport it on into D'ni, Now I got to try out the Hut Trick! Maybe we can see spores fly outta the thing! All we need to do is get some... and probably turn on the Hopper of course...

Here's a picture of a Surface Hopper...

http://www.ctbinc.com/farmhopper.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:23 pm 

Sudre wrote:
There is a bug to the game that allows you to get to the other side of Telly without emptying the water.

Yay! It worked! I was able to get to the other side and jump on the walkway and touch the hand. To bad it had to be been done that way but...(I guess I can say I just went for a swim instead!) I just need someone to watch the other side for me while I do everything...Any takers? Just PM me or whatever and we can set a time. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:03 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

JWPlatt wrote:

What, didn't anyone get my clever Beatles tie-in with the thread title? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:43 pm 

Ahhhh.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:11 pm 

Ok, finally did my test, with help from Mari' (Thanks again!). What happened was almost nothing. It didn't spit anything out of it, but Mari' heard large rumbling noises when I started and stopped the buckets, it may have coincided with the opening and closing of the big door at the top of the mushroom control room.
Another thing that Mari' noticed is the Hopper is the same shape of those same doors at the control room except upside down. It never occured to me they were. So, I suppose it's back to the same conclusion that the Hair Dryer is a Hopper! Where the water drains to /shrug...dunno?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Something really weird happened to me in Teledahn the first time I ever went on the Journey. I've never been able to reproduce it.

I fell off the walkway somewhere near the elevator and did not panic link out; I fell to the bottom of the tank. It was empty. I don't remember whether I had emptied it out, but I remember being surprised that the water was gone, so either I hadn't emptied it, or I didn't know I had emptied it. I definitely had not opened the trap door from the hut because I had to open it from below on the ladder. Since it was my first visit to Teledahn, I thought this was normal, and the next time I played I spent hours trying to figure out where to fall/jump off the catwalk. :roll: Had to go looking for hints before it dawned on me that I could open the trap door from above. :lol:

Did this every happen to anybody else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:06 am 

JWPlatt wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:

What, didn't anyone get my clever Beatles tie-in with the thread title? ;)

Not only did I get it, I haven't been able to get the *#@&%! song out of my head all day! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:19 am 
Creative Kingdoms

tkwiggins wrote:
Not only did I get it, I haven't been able to get the *#@&%! song out of my head all day! :P

Now we know how many spores it takes to fill the wiggins head. :twisted:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next