It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:04 am 

So we know the age we are doing this episode will be one from PotS, so what do you think will be different this time round?

* The watchers sanctuary would have to be different because the big puzzle at the end would be too easy to do with so many people already knowing what to do. Plus it would be too easy for someone to just ask a friend what to do once thye have done it.

* We seem to think we can go into the part of the factory thats built into the canyon wall. But how would this fit into the original puzzle in PotS?

* The Pill counter on the Ki may now have a purpose, dun dun daaaa!

* And we have to 'feed the lake'. Im interested ot how this is going ot work. It would be good if we could see others complete the journey by the lake lighting up now and then :)

Anything ive missed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:09 am 

If I had to guess how Er'cana will be different this time round, I'd say that
[spoiler]
the Bahro stone at the end which in PotS links to the upper "time cave" will instead link to a regular Bahro cave above the cavern, such that the pellet will drop into the Lake.

Maybe once Ahnonay comes along, this will be *as well* as the "time cave" puzzle, not instead - maybe there will be three places to which we can send the pellets - the testing room, the time cave and the Lake?
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:21 am 

I suspect one change is going to be the addition of some kind of portal or door that allows us to collect donut wedges for this part of the journey. Where it will be and how it will be activated is, of course, a mystery at this point. Will it appear on a timed basis? Will we have to push cloths to open or activate it? Will we have to collect something else? Or will it be something completely new and different?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:28 am 

BrettM wrote:
Will we have to collect something else? Or will it be something completely new and different?

I don't think that because of the missing layer between the pod and the Minkata donuts.

darkling27 wrote:
The Pill counter on the Ki may now have a purpose, dun dun daaaa!

Perhaps it's not a counter, perhaps a clock, which counts until next pellet is ready. But I don't hope so.

-Qvist #25056

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:11 pm 

I'm pretty sure Cyan is smart enough to make sure none of the puzzles require standing still for 15 minutes this time. The Watcher's sanctuary it probably going to be quite different because of that.

Remember, Live's puzzles won't necessarily fit into PotS. It was PotS that was made from re-purposed Live material. Cyan has a vision of Er'cana that hasn't seen the light of day yet. I personally hope the Er'cana we see soon is more like the age was originally intended to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

I agree that there are likely to be some differences, mostly relating to the "endgame" of the age and it's relation to the cavern lake, but remember that none of the Prime ages have any real changes, and that there are still plenty of people who haven't ever played POTS, so I don't think Cyan feels the *need* to make major changes (or any changes) to the layout or design of the age, or any of the puzzles that come before the end of the age.

(Yes, that was one sentence, I'm a sucker for clauses, after all)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:15 am 

I had never got to play path of the shell due to a bad computer when the expansions came out, but I just had a cool Idea. What if somewhere in Er'Cana we got linked to the big arch in the middle of the lake where we would drop the pellets or what ever into the lake. That we be cool if we actually go to see aegura from another point of view. Just an Idea i had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:20 am 
Obduction Backer

The Noble Robot wrote:
I agree that there are likely to be some differences, mostly relating to the "endgame" of the age and it's relation to the cavern lake, but remember that none of the Prime ages have any real changes, and that there are still plenty of people who haven't ever played POTS, so I don't think Cyan feels the *need* to make major changes (or any changes) to the layout or design of the age, or any of the puzzles that come before the end of the age.

(Yes, that was one sentence, I'm a sucker for clauses, after all)

While I'm sure they won't change things for the sake of making changes, remember that the Prime ages were designed for Live and that the PotS ages were changed initially to support single-player. I wouldn't be surprised if they took out all the changes they've already made, which would of course leave us with a "changed" Er'cana.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:40 pm 

I just want to ride that train again :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:13 am 

robinsonb5 wrote:
If I had to guess how Er'cana will be different this time round, I'd say that the Bahro stone at the end which in PotS links to the upper "time cave" will instead link to a regular Bahro cave above the cavern, such that the pellet will drop into the Lake.

I doubt it. I think you'll drop the pellets in the same place as in TPotS: the room in the Uran industrial district of D'ni. I'm hoping there will be more to this area (up the ladder and through the door).

I don't think there will be a Bahro stone in the pellet making chamber at all, but if there is, it's likely to lead to a cave with the wedge. But then, that would be too easy.