It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Er'cana Bahro Cave
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:21 am 
Obduction Backer

When you're in the Bahro Cave to get your Er'cana donut, the KI says you're in "LiveBahroCave", which must be a bug.

But, when you look at the neighbor list in the KI, the KI says you're in "D'ni-Rudenna". This is probably not a bug, but it's probably designed this way. Nonetheless, I think that's also a wrong name.

If we were in D'ni, then we wouldn't fall into some sort of starry expanse, would we? So, shouldn't the proper name be "???" like the blue caves from the first journey?

Just wondering... What do you think? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:03 am 

To fill out the puzzle, when I created a Marker game in the cave, my permanent KI title/location for the area is '???' not the other choices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:09 am 

Remember, that the normal rules of time and space sometimes are bend or even broken in the Bahro caves.

By the way, "Rudenna" is the name of a smaller cavern adjacent (sp?) to the main cavern of D'ni.

I guess, the KI tries to find the fitting place for the position, and Rudenna is nearest to the Bahro Cave(s).

My IC-blog for exploration and age building:
http://dniworlds.rabenschwinge.com/blog/wordpress/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rabenschwinge wrote:
I guess, the KI tries to find the fitting place for the position, and Rudenna is nearest to the Bahro Cave(s).
Yes, Rudenna is the nearest to the Bahro caves in D'ni.

But not to those Bahro caves above the starry expanse, that's just another Age (if an Age it is...).

And FratRat, it's even worse with KI location names than I thought. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:02 pm 

What bahro Cave are you talking about? D'ni Rudenna is the Bahro Cave, but where is that? I asked that question in MO:OL, but they didn't answer. Can you all help me please. I know it is in Er'cana, but where in Er'cana?

KI # 01839630

There is no end when there is still so much to learn. -Personal quote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

When we say the "Ercana Bahro Cave", we don't mean a cave *in* the Age of Ercana, but rather the cave that you can link to when you find all seven cloths.

(Same goes for the "Minkata Bahro Cave", etc. They're places that seem to be outside every Age.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:14 pm 

NightAngel23 wrote:
What bahro Cave are you talking about? D'ni Rudenna is the Bahro Cave, but where is that? I asked that question in MO:OL, but they didn't answer. Can you all help me please. I know it is in Er'cana, but where in Er'cana?

Rudenna is the name of a district of D'ni above the ceiling of the Cavern. (The area all around the Cavern is honeycombed with tunnels and smaller caverns where the D'ni did their mining and carried out much of their industry.)

We know that the orange Bahro caves of the original journey are in that region, because the KI tells us so. As Erik pointed out, the blue caves of the original journey, above the starfield, confuse the KI, giving a location of "???". We don't know where those caves are located. The caves reached by the various portals in other Ages are also above starfields, and we don't know their locations, either.

The cave reached by the linking stone in the pellet room of Er'cana is also in an unknown location, though it doesn't lead to a starfield. Again the KI only reports that we are in a "Bahro cave". It could be somewhere in the Age of Er'cana, I suppose, but probably not.

Edit: Belford's description "outside every Age" sounds good to me. It's as close as we're likely to get to the truth unless Yeesha or the Bahro tell us more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:40 pm 

Thanks for the info Brett. I appreciate that a lot. I got to the Er'cana bahro cave soon after I placed my post. I do thank you again.

KI # 01839630

There is no end when there is still so much to learn. -Personal quote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:09 pm 

How do I get into the Bahro cave?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:12 pm 

Crowley wrote:
How do I get into the Bahro cave?

Which one? Pellet or Live?

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Crowley, I think this is the answer you want.
See the first post under the spoilertag. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:50 pm 

Thank you sooo much. I finished. Now I can play with pellets :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:22 am 

Hm... well, it's likely a bug or a mistake.

But, it could be related to the star fissure... we really don't understand the nature of the fissure - it has something to do with connections between ages. It's possible that when we fall from the bahro caves into the stars, we are in fact over the cavern, but we fall through the fissure out into the stars instead of falling into the cavern.

/shrug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:55 am 

Tayr wrote:
Hm... well, it's likely a bug or a mistake.

But, it could be related to the star fissure... we really don't understand the nature of the fissure - it has something to do with connections between ages. It's possible that when we fall from the bahro caves into the stars, we are in fact over the cavern, but we fall through the fissure out into the stars instead of falling into the cavern.

/shrug

I'd always assumed that the starry expanse under the Bahro caves was the same as that which the Fissure opens onto; it seems to be very deeply tied to the very nature of Ages and linking, sort of a space between all ages. That the Bahro cave, and thus it's inhabitant, were somehow banished into the star fissure, and Yeesha's journey returns them to D'ni. Perhaps these latest events with the bahro will explain why the Bahro were left in that state to begin with; it strikes me as an awfully drastic measure to take, that would probably test the limits of the Writers at the time.

I have to admit, even as a follower of Yeesha, I'm finding it hard to trust the Bahro. The Dn'i took them seriously enough to find a way to seal them outside any age, which probably have a negative effect on the bahro's linking abilities. What did the Bahro do to be given such drastic punishment?

I also recall a cave carving of the fissure somewhere, can someone remind me which age?

I'm thinking the Fissure is going to remain a very significant plot point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:05 am 

I think the star fissure stars, bahro cave stars, and Minkata stars are all the same... :)

The star fissure etching [spoiler]used to be in Er'cana on the wall of the cul-de-sac.[/spoiler]