It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:02 pm 

If you want to decrease the pellet production time in the silo after the drop, just walk backwards, it's a bee-line to the link.
Goldie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:35 pm 

Im not so sure what your talking about :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm pretty sure it's still faster to just turn around and run to the book, but whatever bakes your pellet. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:37 pm 

It's much easier, and faster, to use 3rd person view and run to the link book. You also can't leave too quickly or the pellet will not be dropped into the lake. Not sure if this will prevent your next pellet from showing up when you link in or not (was not willing to find out and lose a pellet! lol).

KI #6725475

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Is there another way than walking backwards? When using the arrows for navigation it is faster to walk backwards due the extremely slow arrow turning. I know I belong to a dying race but I still think a mouse is for clicking only. :wink:

It also helps that the book does not require you to face it before you can click it like many other clickable objects do.

Edited... spelling

Last edited by D'Lanor on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

If I'm using a recipe for which I know the results, I always turn around right after I place the pellet and run to the book as soon as the pellet drops.

Oh, and if you walk away from the pellet before it drops, you don't hear it drop or see any glow, but you still get the points and it doesn't affect anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

"if you walk away from the pellet before it drops, you don't hear it drop or see any glow, but you still get the points"

If you then walk *back* to the pellet meter, the pellet will resume its delayed drop. The meter appears to be vain, and will not perform without an audience close at hand. :)

That's what happened to me, the one time I tried it, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:03 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Gelwyn wrote:
It's much easier, and faster, to use 3rd person view and run to the link book. You also can't leave too quickly or the pellet will not be dropped into the lake. Not sure if this will prevent your next pellet from showing up when you link in or not (was not willing to find out and lose a pellet! lol).

This is an interesting effect, but you will still get the points even if you do not see it drop. If you walk away, you and those also present will experience the pellet remaining undropped. I can turn around and climb the ladder to prevent the drop, then see the pellet drop after I have the camera once again looking at the pellet from a correct angle above. In other words, the pellet waits until the camera is allowed to see the drop animation.

The next pellet will be placed and dropped properly without losing points even if the previous one is not seen to have dropped - even if observers remain to watch the undropped pellet while you pick up the next one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:02 pm 

I tried walking backwards to the book last night and it did save me time. Didn't wait for the pellet drop - just linked out straight away - and still got all my points. Good suggestion, urugoldie. I always assumed I had to be facing that linking book 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:23 pm 

I tried that the other day and my avi turned around and placed palm to book as usual. Am I missing something here?

I backed all the way up until I ran into the pedestal. *shrug*

KI #6725475

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

:lol: Well, I feel like an idiot! I always faithfully turn on my KI when it flashes, record the score on my spreadsheet, turn my KI off, then veer somewhat drunkenly back to the linking book.

What's in those fumes, anyway? :?

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:38 pm 

Well it certainly seems to save time if one is in a hurry and uses the 3rd person view a lot...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:25 pm 

Thanks, urugoldie! Seems the simplest thing is the easiest...it has dramatically reduced my "turnaround" time on dumping the pellets! Thanks!

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

You can move about halfway to the book pedestal and the pellet will still drop. You just have to have the "launcher" in view at the time of the camera angle change. As soon as the angle changes, you can scurry on over to the pedestal and link away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

If what you want is to get points for the pellet (which should indicate that as far as the lake is concerned, the pellet dropped, whether you saw it or not), then you don't have to wait to see it. You can turn and leave almost immediately after linking in. When you get back to Er'cana, your KI should still start flashing and you should still get your points.

It is possible to be too fast! Don't try for a speed record; with a perfect turn and run you can beat the pellet and lose your points. But in general you don't need to wait for the KI to flash before linking out; if it's flashing after you arrive, you're fine.