It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:03 am 

Hey All,

I haven't been in D'ni for quite some time. Any idea what the new machine at the Dock is? My guess is for measuring something related to revitalizing the lake. Any suggestions?

www.mystgallery.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:04 am 
Obduction Backer

You are, in fact, absolutely correct.

There should be a message in your KI from the DRC that explains a bit about the current "Lake revitalization" project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:25 am 
Obduction Backer

It's my cousin. He never was one for activity, so thankfully he was finally put to work hanging out at the docks, tasting the lake all day.

When it tastes "light" enough, he'll let us know. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:08 am 
Obduction Backer

The Noble Robot wrote:
It's my cousin.

So you're a Dalek too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Agh! It's all part of a massive Dalek conspiracy, and the lakeside Dalek is the Dalek emperor! This is only the beginning. They will prepare, they will grow stronger. And when the time is right they will emerge and take their "rightful place" as the supreme power of the universe!
Soon Daleks disguised as orange cones will spread throughout the Ages, EXTERMINATEing all in their path who do not OBEY the Daleks instantly and without question (or even those who do)! Who will save us?!? *Panics*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:21 am 

Jennifer_P wrote:
Soon Daleks disguised as orange cones will spread throughout the Ages, EXTERMINATEing all in their path who do not OBEY the Daleks instantly and without question (or even those who do)! Who will save us?!? *Panics*

I'm watching anxiously for a telephone booth to appear somewhere in the City. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ian Atrus wrote:
The Noble Robot wrote:
It's my cousin.

So you're a Dalek too?

Whoops, I've said too much.... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:48 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Jennifer_P wrote:
Agh! It's all part of a massive Dalek conspiracy, and the lakeside Dalek is the Dalek emperor! This is only the beginning. They will prepare, they will grow stronger. And when the time is right they will emerge and take their "rightful place" as the supreme power of the universe!

This should come as no surprise. Ms. Jennifer Little here sees conspiracies and monsters everywhere, then tries to convince others of grave dangers while boasting of her own efforts to ward them off. And, of course, it always works because, as there are no such things like Mold Monsters, she appears to be victorious every time she tilts at windmills. If you ask me, it's very possible she's guilty of the very things of which she accuses others! And the real villain becomes the hero. What a terribly sad waste of intelligence. Come over to the light side, Jennifer!

*cough* Tl ltx hpnn xmxi zpgalmxi obx oikx gxaixo obdo po'g ixdnnv ndsx npebo hbpab spnng obx rlnz! P'nn exo vlk, rv qixoov! Rkdbdbd!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:56 pm 

Jennifer_P wrote:

Actually the Daleks evolved from Orange Cones.
Don't see many of those around now do you. :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

You learn something every day! :D I thought that daleks evolved from pepper pots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:57 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
I thought that daleks evolved from pepper pots.

So that's what happened to her! I always wondered where she got to after she quit her job with Tony Stark way back in the 60s. Evolved into a Dalek. Hmmm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:58 am 

I loved the end of this season's Doctor Who... Finally no Daleks in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:09 am 

Well, at least we can all agree that there are indeed Daleks in the city! I swore I saw a Macra as well, but Yeesha kept yelling "THERE ARE NO SUCH THINGS AS MACRA!!" at me...

I have walked the path of Troughton...
From "The Power of the Daleks" (May 2007?)
To "The Two Doctors" (June 26, 2007)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:46 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
This should come as no surprise. Ms. Jennifer Little here sees conspiracies and monsters everywhere, then tries to convince others of grave dangers while boasting of her own efforts to ward them off. And, of course, it always works because, as there are no such things like Mold Monsters, she appears to be victorious every time she tilts at windmills.

Sheesh, save the world and this is the gratitude I get! But it's like I said at the end of the whole mold monster saga:
Quote:
there is one small side effect [of the cure]--nobody remembers being a mold monster. Instead, the hosts tended to invent elaborate fantasies about something they called "Real life." So now this thread will probably seem like the rantings of a madman. But it all happened! And only I know the truth...

I TOOOOOOOLD YOU SO! And I don't expect you to remember this--as I recall you were preoccupied with trying to take over the Cavern at the time--but I was not successful every time I fought the mold monsters (or as you so inaccurately put it, tilted at windmills). For example, when I tried to get you to reveal top secret mold monster information in your coded messages by pretending I couldn't understand them, I failed at that. And my Yeesha-will-be-in-Eder-Kemo-so-come-to-the-party plan failed too, remember? But since mold monsters are mostly interested in making silly remarks and pretending to fakely menacing, it was only a matter of time before I finally defeated them.
By the way, JW, I find it very disturbing that you seem to view me as some kind of nutty conspiracy theorist. Now if I were the crackpot you make me out to be, I would be making all sorts of insinuations right now, such as "JWPlatt has been infused with the Dalek factor (see Evil of the Daleks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Evil_of_the_Daleks) and is working for them as a third columnist trying to discredit key members of the community like me! So don't listen to him, he's one of THEM!" and I would be posting pictures (http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2149/jwisadalekfactorhumanbj5.jpg) to back up what I would insinuate. But fortunately, I'm not a wacky conspiracy theorist. I just show people facts and let people draw logical conclusions from them.
Quote:
If you ask me, it's very possible she's guilty of the very things of which she accuses others! And the real villain becomes the hero. What a terribly sad waste of intelligence. Come over to the light side, Jennifer!

Oh right, like we're supposed to believe that. Slander and calumny! A pack of vicious lies meant to discredit me! For shame, JW!
Quote:
*cough* Tl ltx hpnn xmxi zpgalmxi obx oikx gxaixo obdo po'g ixdnnv ndsx npebo hbpab spnng obx rlnz! P'nn exo vlk, rv qixoov! Rkdbdbd!

By the way, I took the liberty of translating your little message--it reads:
Quote:
*cough* No one will ever discover the true secret that it's really lake light which kills the mold! I'll get you, my pretty! Muahaha!
dfazxjebpwsnrtlqyigokmhcvu
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Well good luck trying to get me, Mr. Dalek factor mold monster--I'm on my guard now. I guess I'll have to keep a bottle of bepelleted, hi-glow lake water around my neck from now on.

Quote:
So that's what happened to her! I always wondered where she got to after she quit her job with Tony Stark way back in the 60s. Evolved into a Dalek. Hmmm.

Makes sense, actually-it's not a big leap from an Iron man suit to a Dalek armed life support unit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:09 pm 

Wasn't this thread about R2D'ni2 at some point? :lol: