It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Laxman said that we should not feed the algae too quickly on the July 30 article on this site:
http://www.guildofgreeters.com/index.ph ... &Itemid=61

Could we also get some information about how long time we should wait from dropping one "good" pellet(pellet with high score and a big orange glow) before dropping another one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:14 pm 

I'm not completely sure, but I think what he meant by that was that the "explodey" pellets (and possibly the red ones, too) were too high in their nutrient content, and so were feeding the algae too much at one time (a.k.a. too fast) and that it was actually doing harm, rather than good. So it's an issue of a balance in the recipe. Not too little, but not too much.

Though you may be right, and that the actually timing of dropping the pellets factors in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:28 am 

I think it was in reference to a suggestion that we find out what chemicals were in the pellets and just start dumping truckloads of them in a time, rather than going through the pellet process. Small doses are a far better and healthier idea than mass fertilizations, which could very well kill the ecology of the lake in one go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:12 am 

Which is another argument against dropping all the pellets in one place. I wish they'd tell us that the water from the silo gets pumped to many different parts of the lake, or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:58 pm 

Tesseract wrote:
Which is another argument against dropping all the pellets in one place. I wish they'd tell us that the water from the silo gets pumped to many different parts of the lake, or something.

The League of Light cannot help but agree. :D Come over to the light side, Tesseract!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:46 pm 

I just can't help it, I'm going to have to say it--- shouldn't you guys be called the League of Insufficient Light or something since your goal seems to be to keep the cavern dim, not to light it? :D

/giggles and runs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:14 pm 

Brandeline wrote:
I just can't help it, I'm going to have to say it--- shouldn't you guys be called the League of Insufficient Light or something since your goal seems to be to keep the cavern dim, not to light it? :D

/giggles and runs

Oh, Brandeline, we do indeed seek light! A light beyond mere physical light, provided by the Lamp of Knowledge. And it is the DRC which is keeping us in that intellectual dimness. When they give us the light we crave above all others, we will be more than happy to turn our activities to helping the lake return to it's full former glory. We would like to see that happen ourselves.

(So, am I ready to hit the traveling preacher circuit? Or do I need to add more brimstone and such? :D)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:40 pm 

BrettM wrote:
(So, am I ready to hit the traveling preacher circuit? Or do I need to add more brimstone and such? :D)

You forgot to ask for large amounts of money. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

But, does it also mean that if I have a batch of five pellets which gives 975 points averagely and a nice orange glow, I also should drop only one pellet at a time and wait a long time before I drop next pellet, or can I drop all five pellets from that batch at the same time(same time means no waiting between dropping one pellet and dropping the next), and then just wait some hours before I drop a new batch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

oyferder wrote:
But, does it also mean that if I have a batch of five pellets which gives 975 points averagely and a nice orange glow, I also should drop only one pellet at a time and wait a long time before I drop next pellet, or can I drop all five pellets from that batch at the same time(same time means no waiting between dropping one pellet and dropping the next), and then just wait some hours before I drop a new batch?

In game terms, (we think) more points is better. Pellets that "feed the lake too quickly" or other such problems, score few or 0 points. Pellets in the 975 range ought to be great; drop as many as you want, as fast as you can manage it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:01 pm 

So basically we're still just going for as many points as possible, as quickly as possible? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Pellets that "feed the lake too quickly" or other such problems, score few or 0 points.
If you want to see this in action, set your sliders to 50 50 50 (all to top).