It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

It's that time of year again.....Time for everyone to get out the green.

I'm not sure how many people are really interested in carrying on the tradition but I'm planning to have an open meeting tonight to form a planning committee. I have made some rounds of the hoods to see if there was any interest and got a pretty good response. In the past the event has been pretty successful and lots of fun. I'll be posting more details after tonight's meeting.

Anyone interested and would like to help plan the event is welcomed to attend the meeting which will be held tonight in the UruTapestry hood at 8:30pm EST.

Thanks everyone

SG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well it seems that this parade will also be a goodbye party....see below:

Hi Everybody,

I have some news that some of you have probably not been looking forward to. GameTap has decided to discontinue the operation of Myst Online: Uru Live.

The decision was a very difficult one and was made for business reasons rather than due to any issues regarding the design and vision of the amazing world that Cyan Worlds and Rand Miller have brought to us. Despite the great Myst Online experience coming to a close, Cyan is still a very valued partner of GameTap, we are on excellent terms, and we look forward to continuing our relationship in the future.

Many of you have made good friends while playing Myst Online, so here is the bittersweet part. Although Myst Online: Uru Live will be completely shut down in the near future, the game servers will remain live for the next 60 days. During that time, both newcomers and existing players can continue to experience the amazing world of Myst Online, explore the game’s many Ages, and interact with other players in the game and on the MystOnline.com website and forums. After 60 days, the title will be removed from the GameTap service, though MystOnline.com will remain live and active for fans to continue to share their passion for this important game franchise.

I know this is not the news fans of Myst Online wanted to hear. I want to thank all of you who have been extremely supportive of the game and made this grand experiment in an alternative MMO format so much fun. All of us at GameTap also want to thank you again for your tireless enthusiasm for the title.

There has been a clamor for information about the status of season 2 for some time, and the reason we haven't announced anything sooner is because we have literally been examining a wide variety of possibilities for maintaining the game, but in the end, we had to bring the exploration of the great cave to a close.

So thanks again for supporting us as we launched this truly unique game. GameTap is still committed to exploring new genres of gameplay and encouraging bold visions. If you haven't already tried Season 2 of Sam & Max, give it a try, it is as anarchic as one could hope. And I can tell you from first hand experience that the upcoming Grimm is novel and exciting experiment as well.

Ricardo Sanchez
VP of Content and Creative Director for GameTap

I think we should continue with the plans for the parade and I understand that the Cyanists would like to attend to kinda say goodbye in a big way....

SG :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:48 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I'd say lets make this the best goodbye party possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:31 am 
Obduction Backer

I realize that everyone is hurt and angry right now....as I am (in spades). But I'm asking people not to act too quickly and cancel their subscriptions in haste (we have 60days). That's alot longer than Ubi gave us. Stick around and come to this event. Let's, in mass show GT what they are losing. Let's give them the biggest turnout they've ever seen. Let's flood their servers by coming to the cavern.....Let's not go out with our tails between our legs with a growl on our mouths. Let's show GT how united we really are. If we do nothing else, we'll go out strong with our banners flying, in a blaze of glory.

Tonight prior to the St. Pat's parade meeting, I went to the UO hood and told them that the parade will still go on. It was met with great enthusiasm. Following that we had a very successful meeting and a good deal was planned, which I'll post on tomorrow. This committee of wonderful volunteers cannot do it alone. We need the support of the community to make it successful. Call, E-mail, PM your friends and tell them about it. Ask them to come back for this event, as marchers or spectators or just to meet agian to party and chat. I won't call it "The End" I just won't....I'll call it "Blaze of Glory".....We have been hit but not knocked down.

In the past we've had 500+ participate in this event...Let's make it 5 times that many. The first St. Pat's Parade, essjay said this will be the "Mother Of All Events".....Let's this time around make it the "Mother, Father, Grandma,and Granddaddy Of All Events". Let's kick tushie....:)

SG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:39 am 

I want to second what SuperGram says, and to say that I feel that the very best way we can show our faith and appreciation for Cyan and for URU and MOUL is to send the game out with a bang, and not a whimper. There are many changes and events in life that test us, and my humble feeling is that perhaps the ONLY thing we have any control over is our attitude and our outlook. I have had remarkable experiences i never expected, met wonderful people I may never meet in person and spent time in the Cavern that was valued and valueable. The staff and ResEngs from Cyan have been some of the most patient, nice and interesting people I have ever met, in real life or digitally. And I want them each and everyone to know how much I appreciate them, for the gifts they have given us of their faith, vision and hard work over YEARS, for which I and we recieved the gift of MOUL and the chance to be a remarkable and wonderful community. I plan to go on with my lif and to take my experienes and things I learned in MOUL with me, and if there is any chance of shards or continuance, I will give all i can to that. And for now, I will help and enjoy and look forward to the St Pat's Day Parade as a way to say all of that, and to see the sunshine and the gold at the end of the rainbow, thru the rain. :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:55 am 

i think a party is a fantabulous idea!!!

anyone up for trying to crash the servers after the parade?? or during... :lol:

Image ki #101936

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:04 pm 

I'll be there SG, you can definitely count me in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'll be there. It will be a good way to say good-bye and sign off. (No MO:UL, no GameTap for me here in the UK).

Now, if we could get Yeesha as a guest of honour... I'd say that she owes most of us a visit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:46 pm 

/me trys being prophetical
They will come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:06 pm 

I completely agree, SuperGram--let's go out in a blaze of glory! I'm canceling GT as soon as MO:UL goes down, but I've been distressed by all the people saying they are canceling immediately. I want to say, wait! wait!--we still have 60 days! The St. Pat's Parade is a grand Uru tradition. Let's make it one for the Ages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:37 pm 

One for the Ages indeed! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

ill be there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:36 pm 

Lets keep this thread about the wonderful parade and our celebration of URU and MOUL, it is such a special chance to share in our fellowship and to thank everyone, Cyan, GameTap and all for this wonderful opportunity which would never have happened without ALL of us who were part of it, and I will never forget anyone and will always be so thankful. It would be wonderful to Yeesha came but she may have FOUND a HOME already :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

No offense hogarth but this thread has been specifically created for the St. Pat's parade. Could a mod please move hogarth's post to a more appropriate thread.

Thanks
SG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:13 pm 

This is a great great thing, this parade. I hope everyone attends. But let's not rush it getting here!! :)

Thanks SG for all your hard work--as usual!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next