It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A Message from Reteltee
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:26 am 

There are a lot of things I wish I could say to the Uru community. I wish I could say none of our efforts were in vain. But in truth, some of our efforts were. Some of our efforts were doomed from the start, due to forces completely outside of our control. Such is life.

Yet, amidst the ruin of yet another great world, created by people who believed in the universal Truths of compassion, dignity, respect, courage, and steadfastness, there is a shining light. The Explorers.

Together, we created something special, unique, different, and unusual. I fear it is exactly this which has doomed us, for the average person cannot easily embrace such things. I would daresay that the Explorer community we have here is anything but average.

And so, though my heart is heavy, and though I too mourn for the loss of Uru, and for the Explorers who have fallen along the way, I still have room in my heart for an immense amount of gratitude for the many friends and acquaintances who have been so crucial to the experience of Uru.

I would like to take a moment to thank a few Explorers by name (in no particular order):

Thend, Jenine, Janine, Whilyam, Calam, MustardJeep, The Stranger, Robert the ReBuilder, Dakro, Kedri, Owehn, Eleri, Jarelav, Junee, all of the wonderful Relayers, Ireenquench, Kato, Ti'chelle, Sorceress, Firesign, every member of the Uru Obsesion Bevin, TomahnaGuy, Groath, Trevor1013, VenenumAbsum, and (blank intentionally left for future edits as I remember more names...if I've ever thanked you in a conversation and your name isn't on this list, please, PLEASE pm me so I can add you. I don't want to miss anyone).

Finally, I will leave you with this thought; though Uru may no longer be live, it will forever Live on in the hearts and minds of those of us touched by it. Some people call Uru "just a game" but we Explorers know better.

For that, I will be ever grateful.

So, fellow Explorers, the very fondest Shorah to you all. Perhaps we will meet again, and soon, and raise a glass to the memory of the time we shared. And as a wise man once said, maybe, just maybe, the ending has not yet been written.

--Reteltee

Last edited by reteltee on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:09 am 

Before I call this day to a end I wanted to take a moment and thank you.

The way you handled things as the Guilds were announced was among the best and only story that I saw this year. The absolute pomp in the way some Explorers declared you to be a Cyanist in disguise made my day on many occasions the last of which was only this past week. I am glad that you were there at the start of the Guilds in MO:UL and even more so happy to have tried so many times to drag you along as the Maintainers attempted things and you happened to also be in the Cavern.

Should you or anyone else want to drop by The Messengers, Maintainers, and Writers Guilds will continue through the Close of the Cavern and as far as we manage to muddle past that point. The Fan Ages of Uru are out there as they have been all this past year, and getting better steadily.

To your future endeavors,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:24 am 

Thank you very much for what you have done for the community. You were the jumping point for us, and we as a Guild system would not be here without you today.

Please, before you say one last shorah and Link to parts unknown, I implore you, check out the work being done at the Guild of Writers and the Guild of Maintainers. If not just to see what your vision has become.

Thank you again for what you have done. I am sorry to hear that you will be leaving (there is still work to be done in the Guilds!), but such is life. You were a great Explorer and, even with your farewell post, continue to provide hope and keep faith that URU will find a home, and that we will find a home.

Shorah, my friend. May you one day return to see our shattered community once again, there will always be a place for you.

-Kato

Post subject: I'm not leaving
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:46 am 

I'll still be around. And I'm always happy to offer whatever I can to the Explorer community.

But thanks for your kind words.

Shorah

--Reteltee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:57 am 

Thank you for your recognition of all these dedicated people, Reteltee. And, thanks to you, and thanks to your support of organizations like the AoG, our work to revive the guilds may yet come to fruition.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:38 am 

Just wanted to say thanks Reteltee for all your hard work and dedication to the Guilds and the Cavern ......You showed us we could dream and i thank you for that friend....see you IC and out there in our place where the ending will never be written....

Stranger of D'ni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:01 am 

Thanks reteltee.

(Wait,is this "the stranger" me or "the stranger" 5? :shock: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:18 pm 

reteltee, our working relationship was strong, and but the the vaguaries of the on-line gaming business model, we might have accomplished great things together.

Who knows ... when the cavern opens again under new management ...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:59 am 

Reteltee, we all want to thank you for the bridges you built and the hope you helped create. The guilds live on. The end has not yet been written.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:11 pm 

Whos Reteltee?

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:01 pm 

Reteltee is the Guilds.

At my sole discretion, it might be solely for the purpose of comic relief

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:31 pm 

trylon wrote:
Reteltee is the Guilds.

That's a very generous statement, that leaves out a whole lot of work by a whole lot of other people... :wink:

I'd amend that to "Reteltee was the guy whom the DRC put on point to coordinate the organization of the guilds."

Not to minimize his effort, and he certainly did do a lot of leg work! But it wasn't just him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:13 am 

Thanks Reteltee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:31 am 

trylon wrote:
Reteltee is the Guilds.

I am the Senate!

Ahem.. Anyhow, yeah. Reteltee is the DRC's Guild Liaison. He (was/is) the contact person for getting concerns about the Guilds heard by the DRC. Calam and myself both also helped bring about the "Rise of the Guilds." Sorry if I've left people out (I'm sure I have).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:39 am 

Best wishes and seeya later, Ret 8)