It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:33 am 
Obduction Backer

[spoiler]The Plot thickens..! I read all, and recorded all key data..Noted mention of 3 (potential) "Gile's" Ages and 3 (potential) "Jaren" Ages....Posted one comment, as a test....caught clues for Rules 4, 27; and pondered. It's a heck of a lot of work.......[/spoiler]

This might be a very good way of filtering talent and creativity into specific realtime Tasks, per the story line developed; or it might be an involved interactive puzzle; and just possibly, both. Either way or neither, its a privelage to be invited......I suppose I'll have to go back and find 'mistakes'....? :roll: Of course, I might have entirely missed the Plot :shock: (Entertaining or necessary distraction ?..and the real route goes somewhere else ?)). Verrry interestink. It still looks like a good place to practice certain skills, in any event. Shades of Sharper and D'ni History Puzzle here too, I thought, perhaps....

On reflection, what I take this to be, is an extraordinary introduction to a (pending ?) Age [spoiler]called Luminesce[/spoiler]. The Marketting approach may be unique. (Stranger should be pleased.... :D )

I'll wait and see what others think...... :wink:

Thank You, 'Tolly (?) Giles !!

Abjab

Hi All !!.....Myst'ya !.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

'Tolly, huh? Odd that the P from "P. Giles" shortens to 'Tolly. Perhaps his first name is Ptolemy? I may be stretching here, but Giles is one who is learning the art of creating worlds, so if his name is Ptolemy Giles we have two interesting and relevant historical references here:

Ptolemy of Lucca and Giles of Rome were both 13th century figures who at one point wrote works refered to as Hexameron, which according to wikipedia are "theological treatises that describe God's work on the six days of creation or to the six days of creation themselves."

The parallels are compelling, even if coincidental - that is if the P is in fact short for Ptolemy.

By the way, all of you have done absolutely stellar work on the latest series of puzzles. *applauds* :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Welcome Back Deius!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:36 pm 

I'm very impressed by HP's work. I hope we'll get more. So... Do you think this was the end? Did we really beat the puzzle once and for all? I sure wouldn't be surprised if we got more. It feels like there are some unanswered questions. What about the mistakes, and i would like more rules :lol: they actually helped me a lot when i played some "escape the room" games.

Anyway... Good job everyone! You are the smartest guys i ever talked to! (kinda :lol: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:14 pm 

We can actually interact with the IC Giles! Interesting. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:23 pm 

Already did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
'Tolly, huh? Odd that the P from "P. Giles" shortens to 'Tolly

Thank You Deius, I hoped someone would pick up on it....it beat my local network.... :x
[spoiler]And Yes, P must be for Ptolemy because Giles addresses himself as "'Tolly" when singing a lonely "Happy Birthday" (on 4/14/09) so we now know his name. Birthdate and age (yrs), I think, may be both extractable too
I also note that PGiles identifies with the Guild of Cartographers :!: (I wonder if Nalates knows more than she's letting out... :lol: ).[/spoiler]
In order to attract and involve more Mystonline talent than loose it, we probably ought to update the (Results So Far) Garternay Wiki (ref http://en.mystlore.com/wiki/Garternay.com ). (It would make things a lot easier for newbies...). That honor kind of falls to the Wiki originator Floydman, but any and all are free to do it. My skills are a little lean, so I was reluctant to intrude, but someone has to move things, Avis were asking for it earlier.

I made a single backdated (E-mail) 'comment' to PGiles, which seemed to vanish..using my OOC address; but I have had no reply that I can find yet. The Comments may be a one-way means of communicating bug/error/suggestions...Dunno, yet. It might be intended for future use... :?:

IN summary (?), We have been entreated to Wait, Observe, and now Explore a well documented Journal Myth line..,,it seems..[spoiler]and in 6 days something happens ? (Ref Deius' Hexameron interpretation at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexameron). Depends if its a literal or symbolic interpretation I suppose...[/spoiler]
What doe's everyone else think ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:34 am 

I agree that we should update the wiki. As for whatever the purpose of gartenay.com was, I'm unsure. It does, however, give me great hope for the future and the possibilities of what could be in store for us! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:49 am 
Obduction Backer

I think I might have found PGiles' Artist Christine James: Ref Luminesce Pic http://www.garternay.com/J/sunset.jpg. [spoiler]Check this out: http://www.beavergalleries.com.au/james.htm She uses Oil on Linen. Also teams up with Textile Artists, and lives in a unique environment Ref http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/200 ... 056588.htm [/spoiler]
I suppose I ought to be building this info in the 'comment' sections of http://www.garternay.com/prehniv.html (which is now found at http://garternay.com)

Now to find "Will Ray" (?) ......

Last edited by Abjab on Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

For those who have not yet had the chance to read Giles blog, do yourself a favor and take the time to read it from the beginning. This is amongst the best user created content I've seen. The concept art is on par with anything from Cyan and the attention to detail is amazing.

Once again, it can be found here:
http://garternay.com/prehniv/
Username - PGiles
Password - SingSing314

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:13 pm 

*comes back from a few days of hiatus*

Woah!! That's so awsome! And you're all very clever. :mrgreen:
[spoiler]"A series of steps" *snicker*[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:59 pm 

Junee wrote:
[spoiler]"A series of steps" *snicker*[/spoiler]

I don't get it. whats so funny? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:58 pm 

It would seem as if, for now at least, the puzzles of Garternay.com have been solved.

This story, so deep and full of background. Truly going to be fun to see this Age in MORE (assuming that's what it's for)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:09 pm 

Giles has updated his journal. Now we can see the cover of the book that we solved all the puzzles in. If you click it, you come back to the original first page but with a "J" http://www.garternay.com/J/ What difference does the J make?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Actually, I think all the pages in the journal now have a "J" in them!

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next