It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: State of things.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:13 pm 
Cyan Employee

I deleted a post accidentally yesterday. I'm sorry.

Let me repost how I started that post.

Dear fans,

We've received a number of request regarding the future of Uru - specifically servers and fan created ages. Cyan is seriously considering running a server and opening up some of the Uru code so the fans can truly have a viable path for the care and feeding of Uru. The problem at this point is that we're at a place where we can't really make any decisions along that line until GameTap decides what they're going to do with Uru. We're waiting for a reply from them.

We had hoped to avoid a dramatic fracturing of fans to various other communities and solutions. Here's hoping we can get an answer soon. Thanks so much for your support.

Still don't have any new information.

Greydragon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:15 pm 

Still good news and look forward to it when there is an update to this. ;)

Thanks GD! :)

TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:17 pm 

And in that post and the continued openess and candor of you and all at Cyan Greydragon we are truely blessed for we share the Jounrey with you and all of us in the same spirit, Hope leavened with understanding and support for each other and our shared love of URU and MOUL will sustain us. Shorah and thank you. :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:20 pm 

I wait with baited breath for more news, Thanks GD :D

Ayla in M.O.U.L. KI#00313358

My facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=566883777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Not stickied? :o

Well, nice to see it back.. though too bad there's no news (just olds).

However, we're all waiting away now... once you have news, you'll tell us (I can imagine good news and you and Rand flipping to see who gets to tell us! :P )

We'll wait.. impatiently at times, but we'll wait. :D

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:34 pm 

Heads= Rand, Tales= GD

Place your bets! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:52 pm 

Greydragon -- a question.

I realize all is speculation at this point, however perhaps there is some direction in what is at least INTENDED with the next chapter of Uru. IF the cavern opens again, does Cyan anticipate that the story will proceed?

I don't mean new content. Of course everyone would like new content, even the occasional clothing item or Relto page. But I'm talking about events, plot, storyline. The reason I ask is because right up until the February announcement there was developing quite a large and enthusiastic underground explorer-based storyline community. I was an active member or founder of at least 4 of them. Among the dozens of creative members of these cooperative teams, we had devised a number of quite ingenious ways to advance storyline events with little or no input from Cyan. Little things such as the custom KI-images really added to the ways we could devlop story in the cavern for the benefit of the explorer community. J.D. Barnes (a wiling an eager participant in our efforts) was another huge factor.

Collectively, we had several really interesting and exciting storylines in the planning stages, and a number of guild-sponsored events that with just the slightest nod from Cyan would have nudged them over that line where the community would take a serious interest. Just a visit from an official character mentioning the event, or a screen-shot of an unkown area provided by Cyan in the form of a KI-image to support a given plot. On the extreme end, we might request a slight update to a public area of the cavern, such as would be the result of a "clean-up" effort sponsored by the Maintainer's Guild, or a piece of custom clothing to to make one of our characters stand out. Any of these minor things would be enough to lift our efforts from the soup of purely fan-based content into the vacinity of "official" content.

So, the question is, IF Uru returns in the way suggested by your post, GD, is there an opportunity for us to continue our efforts? Or as an alternate suggestion, might Cyan consider advancing the storyline using similar techniques, given that such efforts would go a long way to increasing explorer participation with relatively little in the way of actual game development. I would be more than happy to share more details of the works-in-progress with you or other interested parties in private.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Montgomery,

Those are all good questions.

However, I don't see how Cyan can answer any of them at the moment. They need to know if, and how much, of MOUL that GameTap will release to them. And, of course, there is still Cyan's previous contracts that don't expire until sometime this year.

We're just going to have to continue patiently waiting.

I must confess, however, that I am disappointed that we have heard nothing from Rand, not even a "hang in there, we're exploring various ideas." Hearing from GreyDragon is always nice, but in the past we heard from Rand too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:20 pm 

I'll take Uru in any form possible: new content, no new content, story, no story, but please, hurry! It's only been a day and already I've got the shakes. Must....have....Uru....

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:26 pm 

Quote:
I must confess, however, that I am disappointed that we have heard nothing from Rand, not even a "hang in there, we're exploring various ideas." Hearing from GreyDragon is always nice, but in the past we heard from Rand too.

So TRUE!

But the fact is Rand Does NOT to be or play Atrus anymore.
I heard that he is tired of the whole URU thing and wants to ditch it completly and move on to something eles. Very sad but true. :cry: BUT you can NOT just abandon your adopted child (per/say)
out in the middle of some dark alley either GT! SO PLEASE GIVE Cyan back custody of MouL
( the child ) so We the 'New' D'ni and URU fans alike can have a wack at parenting our baby!
P L E A S E ! ? TY in advance.

IMO;
P.S. and... that cheesy kids game Hex Isle was a real slap in the face to me at least, because
you Cyan was working on that when YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MOUL!!!

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:48 pm 

I really doubt GT will give up the rights, just on the simple fact they know how much the fans want the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:13 am 

Fractioned we are at the moment... and I will check occasionally, as I did last time, to see if the group gets back together again. Its difficult to go through this twice. The other games just aren't the same.
But I hope that I see you all again. I still want that. I'm selfish that way. I appreciate any news you can give GD and Cyan.

Dnieverything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:32 am 

Have to say that I am glad to here from the GD man. Even if things do not turn out...I am sure I can speak for a few if not many, thanks for hearing us and hopefully your communications with GameTap will be successful.

Thanks for the hope and for listening.

Cheers!

<<don't know my KI#.....darn>>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:24 am 

Quote:
I really doubt GT will give up the rights, just on the simple fact they know how much the fans want the game.

It's possible that, if no money changes hands between fans playing on these servers and Cyan, they might let it through. I don't know how much financial pressure that would put on Cyan, though (server maintainance, etc)

Old MOUL KI: 13986530
MOULa KI: 02058741

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:53 am 
Obduction Backer

I think Gametap has no clue what to do next. They got Uru, pumped money into it, probably as much as they could manage. It didn't pan out. They're now left holding the bag.. and on one hand they can't do anything with it. They don't have the money to support it.. which is why it ended. However.. they also want to recoup losses.

I'm hoping they come to some agreement with Cyan and maybe a partnership. Like Cyan charges a one-time fee like with the shards, but lets Gametap get a cut or something. Hmm.

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next