It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm missing my Relto island page! I got it earlier, but now it's gone from my Bevin. Is this a known issue?

Maybe it's because I switched Bevins. Perhaps it only shows up in certain Bevins. Or maybe the server admins did something to change it. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:04 pm 

That page is one of the ones that disappears and reappears. Keep looking for it. It will show up sooner or later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Actually, each new neighborhood randomly either has it or doesn't have it. It won't ever appear or disappear in a specific neighborhood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:53 pm 

I beg to differ. In the GoG Bevin just yesterday, the page was there in the morning, gone all afternoon, and back again in the evening. This Relto page uses a similar mechanism that causes Bahro stones in the city to come and go. There is a parameter in the code (I think it's called a toggle something or other) that controls whether the object is visible or not.

Post subject: "transient" items?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Is there a list or help page somewhere that lists things like Relto pages and Bahro stones that appear and disappear? Are there items that move from place to place as well, or do locations remain static?

It would be nice to know if I need to keep looking for something or not. I always have to ask myself as well if "instancing" is playing a part when I can't find something where I think it should be. [spoiler]like the Bahro stone on the ledge behind the library which I still can't find.[/spoiler] I guess exploring all of the instances (personal, public, neighborhood, etc.) is a part of the experience, but I don't want to spend time looking for something that's not going to be there.

I apologize if this has already been covered, but I couldn't find it after a bit of searching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

I can confirm that the islands page will appear and disappear in a 'hood at random. The page is now available in DRC(100) and it wasn't before.

I think that the stone on the library wall only ever appears in public Ae'gura. That is random, and just happens to be there now (well, about 10 mins ago anyway).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:05 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
I think that the stone on the library wall only ever appears in public Ae'gura. That is random, and just happens to be there now (well, about 10 mins ago anyway).

I could only find it in my 'hood instance Ae'gura before, though I can't say I've been visiting that location often enough to notice it's comings and goings in either instance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm glad to be wrong in this instance. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:24 pm 

Someone needs to set up a webcam watching those pages to see just where they run off to ;)

GoG's Bevin has had it on and off. You might have some luck just starting at the top of the hood list and working your way down until you find one that has the page :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:42 pm 

Thx this will help me too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Pay no attention to me. There have been so many different versions of this game that I don't know what's going on anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:17 pm 

The relto page can be found in the Bevin Light Gardens. There is a ledge next to the window. Climb on that and look to the right of the ledge. Hover over it for a bit until your circle fills and click, the relto page for islands should pop up.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]