It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: How to get to K'veer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

I finished Er'cana and Ahnonay, and got my stone pieces, but I still haven't found a link to K'veer. How do I get there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:51 pm 

You may recall a certain fireplace that had a clue in the Ahnonay bahro cave. While the fireplace is no longer used, there is still a clue down there you'll need the Er'cana pellets and a buddy for.

The clue should speak for itself :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

So, if I'm reading you right,.....
[spoiler] I need to find someone to take a pellet, link to upper cave and drop it into opening while I'm in lower portion? Does the pellet have to be of certain quality?[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:12 am 

colpet wrote:
So, if I'm reading you right,.....
[spoiler] I need to find someone to take a pellet, link to upper cave and drop it into opening while I'm in lower portion? Does the pellet have to be of certain quality?[/spoiler]

Yep, same deal as PotS, you'll just be getting a different clue on the bottom end.
And yes the pellet will drop immediately to the bottom, so you'll need to be down there while buddy drops the pellet. You'll also want a pen and paper handy, as the KI will not function properly down there when the pellet arrives.

[spoiler=On KI imaging in lower cave]I found that the KI will in fact take a picture when the pellet drops, but while the KI screen opens, you won't be able to see the image. However, digging through the KI images themselves on the hard drive, I found the picture of the wall right as I took it.

If you can't scribble fast enough, do take a picture anyway while the clue is showing, and you should be able to exit, go look at it via Windows, and go back in-game.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Offline in PotS/CC]In PotS/CC there was some delay (~14.5 minutes I believe, one tahvo) between dropping the pellet in the upper cave and it arriving in the lower cave, obviously to give the player time to link Relto > Ahnonay > Bahro stone to the bottom cave and watch it drop.

With the addition of people, that time delay doesn't need to be there, so the pellet will drop immediately after the other guy links in. Be ready.[/spoiler]

Post subject: Re: How to get to K'veer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:07 am 

Not working for me. Any ideas why?

(I've done the following a few times now.) A friend I've shared Er'cana with is at the pellet machine. I go to Ahnonay and bahro-link to what I believe is the lower cave (I'm standing next to a pool with a raised lip). My friend picks a pellet and links to the second pellet machine and it drops and light appears in the pool way below my friend.

BUT I never see a pellet appear in my pool place. Not immediately, not after 15 minutes.

BTW, when I create pellets, they don't appear in 15 minutes. I watched that metal tab sloooowly move on the pellet baker machine (which I set to 30 30 30) and it was all done after 2.5 HOURS. Here's hoping I don't have to wait 2.5 hours next to the pool to see the pellet.

So, I have to complete that before I'll find a way to get to K'veer, eh?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:00 am 
Obduction Backer

Sounds like your friend is dropping the pellet in the wrong location. There is a choice of two locations once you have picked up a pellet from the machine....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:10 am 

Aha! I think I understand! Will try later.

Thanks much! (And it's nice to know someone's still subscribed to this ol' place here :) )

oakisland / New Try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:26 am 

Yep, that was the solution for me--the other thing to pick. Got my symbols and used those. Got to a beautiful cathedral place which I assume is K'veer. Got from there to Myst Library (if i'm remembering the name right). And I'm stuck there at the moment..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:59 am 
Obduction Backer

oakisland wrote:
BTW, when I create pellets, they don't appear in 15 minutes. I watched that metal tab sloooowly move on the pellet baker machine (which I set to 30 30 30) and it was all done after 2.5 HOURS. Here's hoping I don't have to wait 2.5 hours next to the pool to see the pellet.

This is Uru Live, not Uru: CC. That’s how long it takes to bake good pellets online.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Be sure to poop in the right pot d00d

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
oakisland wrote:
Got from there to Myst Library (if i'm remembering the name right). And I'm stuck there at the moment..

There is no where to go from there. This is all there is of Myst in Uru. You just Relto out.