It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:42 pm 

#Edit
Probably, PhysX caused the error. The game run successfully after I reinstalled PhysX using "PhysX_Setup.exe" included in the installation directory.

Now I'm able to play without any problems.

#The original post
An error message appears when I login and the game is going to start.
"URU has experienced a serious error. Please report the information below."

This problem occurs every time I launch the game.

Vista 64bit 8GB RAM
Intel Core2Duo E8600
NVIDIA GeForce 9800GX2 (I think it has the latest driver)

UruLive.Live.1.871 - External.Release
Exception type: Access violation
Call stack (14 levels):
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x779AD1FF
0x779ACFED
0x76EAE4A5
0x008BF8F8
0x00464257
0x00462E58
0x00461D49
0x00461B6A
0x0076ECDB
0x04079567

Last edited by numlockz on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Whenever I see Win Vista and a crash I have to ask: Are you running as Admin or changed the UruLauncher.exe and UruExplorer.exe files to "run as Admin"? The patcher and game need to access your computer's files and the UAC is trying to protect you.
You may also need to change permissions in your software firewall to allow two way access.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:43 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Not that it's any help, but this looks like it is the same problem Astr234 posted. :?

Maybe if the threads were merged, we'd get more focus on finding a fix?

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

It would appear that the only major problems people are having anymore are the Net6 error and this stack dump error. This error doesn't seem to be caused by corrupted files (since deleting the TOS.txt file should have fixed that) so do we have any idea what is causing these crashes? I don't know how to trace stack dumps myself otherwise I would take a look and see what I can come up with, but this seems to be a pretty prevalent problem.

Post subject: Solved!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:05 pm 

I don't think the error was because of a lack of administrator privileges because I already disabled UAC and installed with the administrator rights.
But probably, it was PhysX that caused that error. The game run successfully after I reinstalled PhysX using "PhysX_Setup.exe" included in the installation directory.

Now I'm able to play without any problems.
Thank you all for replying :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:39 am 

I've gotten this same error, except I can't get PhysX to work on my computer. NVidia (spelling?) tells me its because A. I don't have one of their graphic cards, and B. I'm using a Mac. Don't ask me why this is happening, if there's a download for PhysX for Mac, I'd like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:03 am 

Just a thought... Has anyone correllated graphics chip sets and these crashing problems? I seem to recall that many older Intel embedded graphics chipset were incompatible with the game. And old nVidia chipsets that did not have SSE would not work. And of course there are the scattering of certain driver releases not working complicating the whole issue. It might be that the newer graphics subsystems have introduced new incompatibilities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:22 pm 

Jimmy-Wade wrote:
I've gotten this same error, except I can't get PhysX to work on my computer. NVidia (spelling?) tells me its because A. I don't have one of their graphic cards, and B. I'm using a Mac. Don't ask me why this is happening, if there's a download for PhysX for Mac, I'd like that.

depending on what mac you have, you actually might have an nvidia card. how are you running mo:ula on the mac? boot camp? parallels? cider? i run mo:ula on my 15.4" macbook pro (which has not one, but two nvidia cards built in) under win xp w/ parallels 5 and it works flawlessly. there is no physx for mac, and you shouldn't nee da different version than what gets packaged with the download.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:24 pm 

johnsojc wrote:
Just a thought... Has anyone correllated graphics chip sets and these crashing problems? I seem to recall that many older Intel embedded graphics chipset were incompatible with the game. And old nVidia chipsets that did not have SSE would not work. And of course there are the scattering of certain driver releases not working complicating the whole issue. It might be that the newer graphics subsystems have introduced new incompatibilities.

this could well be the cause of many of the problems, especially since many people seem to be running it on laptops. not only video chipsets and drivers, but sound also.