It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: bots in Uru
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:48 am 
Obduction Backer

I just came back from a visit in the Guild of Greeters Bevin and met what I assume was a computer program running an avatar, at least that's what I was told. Maybe it was all an elaborate ruse, but if it was a real "bot" it was fairly convincing. Seemed to have a significant range of replies to standard questions and if it didn't know the answer it simply said something like "I'm sorry, I don't know." Does anyone have any more information on this? Is this real? Is it something new or has this phenomenon been around awhile and I'm simply late to the game? I'm still trying to decide how I feel about this. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:09 am 
Obduction Backer

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

Yep, he was created by orangehairedboy. Feel free to let the creator know what the bot couldn't answer so that he can fix it.

Post subject: Re: bots in Uru
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:16 am 

sideshow118 wrote:
I just came back from a visit in the Guild of Greeters Bevin and met what I assume was a computer program running an avatar, at least that's what I was told. Maybe it was all an elaborate ruse, but if it was a real "bot" it was fairly convincing. Seemed to have a significant range of replies to standard questions and if it didn't know the answer it simply said something like "I'm sorry, I don't know." Does anyone have any more information on this? Is this real? Is it something new or has this phenomenon been around awhile and I'm simply late to the game? I'm still trying to decide how I feel about this. Any insight would be much appreciated.

I think he's really fun to pick on... erm I mean talk to... in fact OHBot is probably one of the few reasons I actually visit Uru, just to say hi to him. He's been around for a couple weeks now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:58 pm 

OHBot is really quite useful, novelty aside...he can save you a lot of time by answering your questions about when portals open, etc. Basically, OHB programmed him so that he can retrieve information from websites without forcing you to minimize or close URU, so I'm sure he'll only get more helpful as time goes on. Plus, he can sing. I support this kind of bot 100%, as long as people don't try to make bots for non-constructive purposes.

--Equinox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Please continue the discussion on this thread: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20562

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]