It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Devokan OSG
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:35 pm 

A few nights ago whilst I was clearing out some of my old papers in my cupboards I caught Paislee, she was working on a new design for the spot she has on Devokan. It's looking fab I can say.

We chatted a while. Its been a wonderfull time just getting a chance to catch up on old stuff.
The sun is warm at this time of night. I said goodnight to paislee and headed for my home.

I felt a great gust of air, a rush across my face, like being brushed with feathers and a sweet metalic taste?

I ran towards the outlook on the east side, and saw a great upheaval. All of a sudden all of the spheres and the swirling mass swept upwards and raised itself to wards another mass already in the sky. something I had not seen b4.

There was a glowing mass and all at once one island was revealed.
Although hot and still very molten, I could feel the heat from where I stood, it drifted towards the south and stopped there.

I watching it for about an hour and nothing else happened but a few days later it has moved to the south of Devokan.
It seems that maybe touchstone has taken to the skies??

I have to say, that it not so hot and it seems to be cooling. I am in awe as its good to know that touchstone and skysong have sort of welded themselves together.

Today I went to see Toby on Journey. He has definitly got a knack with the ship. Hes working very hard and he looks a great deal more relaxed. We were more like brothers and I felt the easiness we used to enjoy returning.
He did tell me that hes been under a lot of pressure in his private life and that working on journey has given him a chance to look back over it all. I am glad that the Toby I knew and remembered is here now. I did tell him I would listen as often as he wanted.

I am going to settle down now with a glass of beer, and a pad, to sketch. I want nice home now, as I have the pavillion, but that was just a hurried thing. I need more of a classy home now. Ill see what I can do. Besides if Toby does deside to stay he can have the pavillion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:00 pm 

I've just come back from visiting the new world that Devokan has been moved to. The island is changed, yes, but it is beautiful all the same -- a good place for exploring by foot, taking in the sights and sounds. Paislee is building a visitors' centre next to a waterfall. The views from its rooftop garden are stunning.

To the west of Devokan are the islands that Nalates has settled in: the remarkable Cartographers' Guild Hall on Nalands, and the North and West Restorations.

Meanwhile, to the east of Devokan, the old, blighted Dev. Touchstone and Dev. Skysong are gone -- purged from that world, it seems. Yet, as Mat says, nestling in the clouds above the sea of the new, transformed Skysong, south of Devokan, is a floating sky island; still too hot to inspect too closely, but given time...

To the south of the new Skysong lies Curiosity -- an 'Alice in Wonderland' kind of place. Then the tree village of Waysmeet is east of Curiosity, and south of Waysmeet is the ancient and mysterious island of Deepwater -- the source of the spheres, we suspect.

I turned east again from Deepwater to see another island -- Nocturne -- newly emerged from the sea. I wonder what stories will flow from there?

=====
OOC: If you would like to see a map of these places, visit http://www.osgrid.org/elgg/pg/utilities/map and search by name for 'Curiosity' (the link is at the bottom left of the map). Then follow the instructions on the web page.

Post subject: Floating Islands
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:01 pm 

I visited the floating island today. Its so much cooler now, and has changed colour, but still very warm. I could not land upon it.

The clouds around it seem to make it colder? Just a guess. I need to get Quinn here. I've not seen Quinn for a while. He's usually very busy.

My little place in the hill has taken shape now and I like it. And now i've built it, It reminds me of a small place I rented once in Ocira. I didnt realise it at the time though. The bathroom is open air. How much a shower under the stars can mean.

I have the name for the floating island. It turn gently in the air and theres a hum, as the wind passes over it. Its truly a sky-song.
A tune in my heart, that causes so much a flutter.
I hope this will be a place to unite people with the forces here.

I entertained some visitors last night. Good company and some laughs were shared. I invited Tobias, and he truly was in good form. Much like his old self.
Later on we sat, and talked.
He told me of a girl, he known. I understood. Sometimes its not the right time, but maybe later, I said.
Right now i think hes just happy to let each day be as new as it is.
Toby, and I, have both fought, in wars but also in life.

I nearly forget the times that I neither cared if I lived ot died,just to be rid of the heavy long struggle.
He knows how I felt, he felt that way too.
The misery we have both lived through, the passage we took, has brought us here. Yet, whilst I am settled in my ways now, helping the newcomers, he is still longing for the love he left. He just has to make his mind up. Perhaps hes at the crossing we all find ourselves eventually?

I will go see Toby later on, I know him well.

Post subject: discoveries
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:02 pm 

Today I have discovered three things.
Fistly, I have revealed whats been bothering Toby all these months. we were playing cards last night and I remebered something from my time away and spoke of it. He put down his cards and told me he had something to tell me, and now was as good a time as any.
Apparently my brother wants to enlist.
He isnt able to sign up for another couple of months as its too far to go right now, but wanted to tell me first!
What did I think? he asked? All the times hes listened to me bleating on, about things while I was away. I didnt want this? It's not all glory. Now he wants to go off, and I dont know what to do about it. Ive only just got reconnected with him, and sorted out my own head. I had a very poor nights sleep last night.

So as I watched the sun rise, having not slept much, I decided to walk along the shore of eos. I love the morning sunrise there. I found a small pebble. It seemed to stick out above all there rest. As I leant to touch it, it whisked me off!!

I found myself in a very curious place. Not sure where to go from there?
I will continue to look about. I must tell the others.

So hopefully to sleep better tonight!

Mat

Post subject: Goodbye to Devokan
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:02 pm 

Well today is the day.

After all, the work is done, and I am ready to return to Tallis.

I have left notes for Paislee and Dot.
There is a note in Dots, to pass to Quinn. Never did get to fully understand that man.

I am sad to leave but I knew that it would always have to be this way.
I cannot be here for ever. I am such a very different person to the newcomers. Our personalities will not mix. But I will think of them and always be on hand to help if needed.

Now that Devokan is stable, and that the spheres have not taken any more land. I feel good to be going home.
Toby went on ahead already, he left a week ago on Journey.
The fitting has was ahead of schedule and he asked if he could Captain her back to Tallis, for the naming ceremony.
I could not refuse.
Besides I have still to talk him out of going to war.
I did ask if one of the crew could bring back a small craft and sure enough they have.

So now, I will pack the last of my belongings and head off.

I have taken many pictures and I intend to hang them on my walls in the inn to remind me.
I have had a very exciting 6 months here, but I also need to think about what needs doing at home too.

I never did get to see if Skysong worked out, but I will ask to be kept in touch. You never know, I may be asked to help again.

Bye for now Devokan, my new friend. Be as good to everyone else as you have to me.

Mat

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]