It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:32 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tallis OSGrid
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:08 am 

After a rough sailing. Parros and myself arrived at Tallis.

The sight of Journey looming over the small island was such a great sight.
Toby met us, he must have been working on the boat and spotted our small craft. I dont think I have slept more than a few hours each night, but I will tonight.

I have had a long bath in the chalet, and I had a beer too. Something I have missed whilst being away, was a cold beer, especially a home made one.
The drink in Vale city are not what I like.

Toby has been over, we talked briefly, he is having second thoughts about signing up, I can tell. He says he wants to talk to me when I've had a rest.
I wonder what thats all about?

I took a trip to Kamili, its a great place to fill your soul. When Toby and I were kids growing up, we virtually lived there. It has so many memories for me. I love the feeling ,like it charges you, but it would take some work to fill me at the moment. Hah, I just need to sleep.

Good to be home.

Night

Mat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:10 am 

Well its been a hectic first week.

Toby came over and stayed for a few days. We talked about the army. He is not sure what he wants to do. So its all unsettled.

While he was here, we discussed Journey.
Its finished now, and ready to sail full time. Theres a booking office in vale city, and Toby knows someone who will run it. With the generators working very efficiently and cheaply, it doesn't need a big staff or even to be fully booked. It could sail for endless trips. Hes asked if he can Captain it.
I don't see why not and at least I'd know where he was. But I did insist he took his Captains licence properly this time. He agreed.

I've spent the last few days clearing up on Tallis. We had to fell several trees. Parros, said that there has been a terrible storm recently. I never heard, but it ruined some parts of the island.
I fetched down the old chalet today, it was ready to fall anyways, and I can see deterioration of the hall.
I think that will have to come down too. I dont mind, I may leave some of the Island a bit more simple. The Inn will have to have some more done to it, but all in good time.

A lot to be done and I dont have the help I once did. Never the less, I do have time.

Well its gotten late again, I'll finish my drink and go to bed.
I cannot find my glasses again.

Sleep time,

Mat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:12 am 

Ive been in Tallsi for a few weeks now. Ive sorted out a lot of the fallen trees after the storms. Its looking a bit mixed up. Perhaps its my time in Devokan. I feel like theres a lot of things not right here now?

Paislee and Dot have both been over, and I've had a few visitors, which is a nice break but my mind works over time. I feel the most comfortable in Kamali at the moment.

Toby, is working hard on his Captain licence, and looks to be doing well. I had to Second him, when he did his first trial run. He sailed through it, so to speak.

I have had a report from the gallery. It seems there are some reports of seismic activity. I will have to go and look.
I have been told there is a huge crack in one wall, of the underground chambers. Water has begun to leak in. They have sealed off the rooom, but I fear the worst. I was told it was a risk. Ive been lucky up until now.
Some of the more sensitive equipment has been hauled off the island and on its way here. I may have to abandon the area.

See what happens. I will miss the gallery if I have too leave. Its not loking good for the island.

Mat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 am 

Ive just got back from the gallery. Its a mess.

Water has seeped into approximatly 3/4 of the lower decks but not on the upper levels, where luckily most of the sensitive equipment was stored.

Passan has redirected all the teleports on the lower section to a uninhabited water section of the planet, to relieve a lot of the increase. This will cause a temporary floor there, but that wont last long.
We have decommisioned all of the upper Teleports so they dont flood the areas they linked too.

My office area, the place I called home for a while, before athe strangers arrived, is wrecked. The servicable parts are all redeemed, but my own personal belongings are ruined. Things that Toby and I had as kids, when our parents were alive, are gone.

So were now using on TP on the ground level, to transport everything here, and to another place we have turned into a depot.

Everyone has worked around the clock to save as much of the gallery as we can, but I cant see it being long. I wish Quinn were here to see, he might have been able to give us a better idea of how long we have, but I just hope were going to get all we can to safety.

Im going back now to sort out the reception area. The gravity field that suspends it has become very unstable and were decommisioning it as fast as we can, but I fear it wont be long till it basically falls from the sky. That will be the end then I think.
I have been given a home TP that I wear. This will allow me to Teleport home to safety should the last Teleport be destroyed.

I am so tired but I cant stop, It might be the end quicker than I think?

Mat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:16 am 

Well a strange thing?

I got back to Tallis today. Toby has left a note saying something about follow me.....
I am trying to, but Im not sure where hes going so far?

I think I'll start in the hub......

Mat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:16 am 

Today, I've just returned from the Gallery. We can't save anymore I am afraid. We have all worked so hard to rescue what we were able
and I can't thank everyone enough.
But another day or two and it will be gone.

We left this morning I should imagine in a few days, it will be underwater.
We have stored all the gallery pictures in a warehouse and all the fitting and fixtures are laying in the heap. Ill find anothe rplace for them.

But now I have returned home to Tallis, and yet there is more bad news. I dont know what to do, or what to say.
Toby, is missing. I presume hes on Journey.
No contact for 2 days.
I am so worried. I know Toby is a good seaman, and hes more than capable of loking after himself, but, its just the not knowing.
We've only just got to know each other again.

I have someone in Vale city looking out for Journey and any other sightings that might happen to land.

I know Toby would leave me a message if he was able to but Im going to retrace the planned route thats was logged with coastguard. Im going to ask Paislee if I can borrow one of her new craft. Ill need to add a few things for my navigation but I intend to find him.

Mat

Post subject: A time, to look back.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:30 am 

Such a lot has happened in the last few weeks.

I have searched for Toby, and this has taken time. I Made this entry into my journal.

Quote:
Silence:

I am so scared.
I have been searching for Toby, or Journey or any signs of him.
Some of the crew have been found alive on a remote island.
I followed after they were taken aboard a small cruiser but I missed them.
No-one knows what happened for sure but from what I can make out, Toby seemingly threw them off the ship. Everyone but his first mate and a couple of engineers.

From one of the cooks, its would seem that Journey developed a fault.
She started to behave in a hap-hazzard fashion, and became uncontrolable.
I get the impression that Toby realised something far worse was at fault.
He must have? Why else would he abandon the crew?

Maybe the Thoraxian power cells became unstable, or maybe some other fault.
I cant explain it at the moment but if I find Toby, or one of the engineers, perhaps then I can find out what happened?

I hope Toby is....alive.
I wish I had never built Journey.

Mat

Then a couple of weeks later....

Quote:

It's been weeks, I have taken to my cot in Curisity. I cant stop thinking about Toby.

The world is just not turning for me and it wont, I cannot rest.

I know he is still alive. I can feel it but I dont know where.

I will find you.

Mat

Then in the time I was away, I found some new places and things, along with ann interesting youg man called Noah?...

Quote:
Today, I have let Toby go,for now.

It's hard for me to do that, but at the moment I must....

I have searched till my head aches, asked people in strange places and looked for any signs, waiting, looking, asking.
Its not because I believe he is dead, but just not here and not the right time. I know he is alive, as I think I would know if he were dead.
He must be either not able to let me know, or perhaps doesnt know who he is?

A young blonde native from one place we were at came up to me, somewhere that Toby was last seen.
He does not speak my language, but I was told Toby had visited him, In a strange state.
He didnt make sense. But it was said that I would find the young man, and I would employ him. I felt like I could trust him, and thats strange in itself.
Ordinarily, I would suspect a ruse, but he gave me a card. It was indeed Toby's signature. It looked very old but couldnt have been as Toby has only been missing for a few weeks?
I took the lad on, his name is Noah. I like him.

So we set off in search for a new place to build the new ship. Noah came too, and with Parros and a few of the others we looked for a suitable island.

I will build 1061 to look for my brother. I will search for our childhood and I will bring Toby home.

Noah is a worthy addition to the crew, he is like a silent watcher. He learns quick, and misses nothing.

His eyes are something else. I cant explain.

So onto the new ship. onto 1061................

Mat

And Finally......

Quote:

As I sit amid the dark, in Tulek. I am in the Harlent-Amber mines.
I have brought myself here to resolve the loss of Tobias, so deep inside the planet. Away from everyone else and all things.
I need to let Toby be free, but I know he isnt dead either.

I read a journal today from Elspeth. I brought it with me. Here, intentionally.

Elspeth lived in Pangaea, for many years. Right up till here death.
She talks of a young man, who visited her, just after her own Husband had died.

She describes him as a 'handsome youth with strange clothing and a knowledge beyond his years'. The journal is so old,

There are some numerals and some sort of hint?

I can't think what they mean?

163,159,298 ' the clue is in the wind?'

A nice little story, I will possibly print it here?

Mat

I wonder. As I have been darting around Kamali, Pangaea and Tallis. What Toby must be doing. I know he isnt dead, but I have the feeling hes not in this time? I feel like I'm missing something and I think the clue is in Pangaea. I will go back to the little book I found by Elspeth. I cant put my finger on it, but she seems to be telling me something but Im not seeing it.

Ill keep on searching, but for now, I need to have a break. Im going to go to Vale city I think, for a night out!

See you later.

Mat

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]