It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:05 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:30 am 

Lag and crashes and stack errors have happened to me around every 15-30 minutes. Annoying to donate to a game that keeps me out because of hacking jokers, that likely pay nothing. It's a slap in the face to the story line of the game and yes I realize Skydivers go beyond bounds but to a degree it is for the exploration of areas that interests. Not to make a circus.

Anyone else sick of the lowering quality of gameplay? Like the ppl that care about the game and not coming to make a mess then leaving in a few months?

Am i wrong about the effects? This has been ever since the public event.

L'Sahna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:45 am 
Obduction Backer

So, you're coming on here to attack and troll without requesting assistance for your issues first? They could simply be the result of a driver update gone wrong for all we know. As far as I can tell, the number technical issues from before the opening of TFH and after the opening have remained mostly the same. (This is obtained by skimming through the "Technical Discussion" forum). Maybe you'd like to delete this thread and try again, this time in a less bellicose manner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:08 am 

Your argument doesn't really make sense to me. There has been no increase in lag or crashes that I have seen in-game. Any increase might also be the result of increase server load because more people are checking out TFH. Moreover, your use of divisive language and ad hominem attacks portray you as someone looking to pick a fight. Calling people "hacking jokers" and claiming they are not donating to the game (many are) and calling their activities "antics" or a "circus" or a "mess" which is "lowering [the] quality of gameplay" because you are having technical issues proves to me that you are biased against any progress which does not fit your narrow standards and are looking to incite people to anger rather than constructive action.

Your comments will be ignored in future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Wow, can you say troll?

I haven't experienced any sort of issues related to that game. No crashes, minimal lag (and that was almost certainly caused by my connection), no stack dumps, NOTHING.

Sounds like you just have some issues on YOUR end, but you're looking to blame someone else. Ignored from now on.

KI#00149165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:52 am 

One can never have enough cheeseburgers. That is all.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:20 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Awww, geez. I don't believe L'Sahna is trolling for a fight, but is merely frustrated. Wouldn't you be too if you were experiencing crashes and stack errors every 15-30 minutes? Have a little sympathy. If these mysteriously began after the "public event" surely you can understand how L'Sahna might come to the conclusion that this new addition to Uru could be the cause.

How about trying to educate instead of just reacting? Perhaps Whil is right in that there may be an increase in lag due to more people logging in to check out the new events. I know that was often the case whenever the DRC were in the cavern. Can someone with more technical knowledge than myself ask L'Sahna the right questions that might lead to fixing the problem? Please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:24 am 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
Awww, geez. I don't believe L'Sahna is trolling for a fight, but is merely frustrated. Wouldn't you be too if you were experiencing crashes and stack errors every 15-30 minutes? Have a little sympathy. If these mysteriously began after the "public event" surely you can understand how L'Sahna might come to the conclusion that this new addition to Uru could be the cause.

How about trying to educate instead of just reacting? Perhaps Whil is right in that there may be an increase in lag due to more people logging in to check out the new events. I know that was often the case whenever the DRC were in the cavern. Can someone with more technical knowledge than myself ask L'Sahna the right questions that might lead to fixing the problem? Please.

Please go back and read my post and cease whining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:10 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes... Lag and stack dumps never existed before all the hacking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:26 am 

Let's be sympathetic and kind. Our community has for years flourished because we help each other and listen respectfully and really care about the fun we all have, not just our own particlular private goals.

I am sorry you are having those problems L'shana, it is likely that the changes brought about by the imposition of random and new actions and use of user key has introduced instability. I know for a fact that there was illegal use of a User Ki in the main city and it is possible that that plus other actions in the new "free form" bevins has caused instability.

I urge any and all who post to be kind and courteous and not throw about words like troll, when someone is posting sincere concerns.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:30 am 

Just for statistics, I have expierenced less issues since that time, not more. I really understand you making the connection, but exploring other avenues seems to be your best option to solve it. Have you tried submitting a ticket to Cyan?

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." - Nietzsche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:57 am 
Obduction Backer

Ok... let's stop the nasty posts by everyone. What a delightful way to start my birthday.

First, this was posted in the wrong forum. Mods: please move it to the Illusions sub forum.
Second, if you don't like hacking stuff then stay out our Cyan approved neighborhoods.
Third, next time don't complain on my birthday.
Fourth, your post violates the logical fallacy called Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc. It means "after this therefore because of this ".

Just because B happens after A doesn't mean that A caused B. You need to go further and prove it with data. Start by not making assumptions.

I'd go on but I have to get in the shower so I can make my flight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

CrisGer wrote:
I am sorry you are having those problems L'shana, it is likely that the changes brought about by the imposition of random and new actions and use of user key has introduced instability. I know for a fact that there was illegal use of a User Ki in the main city and it is possible that that plus other actions in the new "free form" bevins has caused instability.

1) The User KI has not been used.

2) It is not at all likely.

3) It is not an imposition, you are free to avoid it if you wish - the grey hats only do things in the two neighborhoods sanctioned by Cyan, and any and all instances associated with those neighborhoods, and their respective namesake avatars (and possibly personal private instances of individual grey hats, at their disgression))

4) Cyan /approved/ neighborhoods (Read RAWA's excellent post, in this sub-forum, and see his /exclusive/ use of the term "neighborhood" and also note that the 'hoods are not called "Bevin"s (OHBJECTION, I know) in game, either. )

5) The grey hats are not responsible for the alleged issues in the city, this I can guarantee, and whoever did it, did not use the User KI, and there is no evidence that whatever was used was even /related/ to the KI modifications of the UU period.

6) On this note, there is no evidence that there is, in fact, any additional instability at all - what I've seen is fairly similar to how it was at about this time last year - the stated cause at the time was heavy server load (from lots of people logging in) (and noting that the cavern has indeed been a bit more populated of late, this is unsurprising.). =) We have also heard from people that they're not experiencing any unusual issues at all. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
This thread really shouldn't have been moved to this section. If it was to be moved at all, it should have gone to the Technical section so that L'Sahna could get some real help in solving the problem. Here, it's just burying the issue and setting this person up for further attacks. I hope the mods will lock it, now.

L'Sahna, I suggest you start a new thread in the Technical section to request assistance in fixing your issue.

AdamJohnso wrote:
Please go back and read my post and cease whining.

Good luck on that make over. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:14 pm 

OHB wrote:
... Third, next time don't complain on my birthday.

OOooo I am Sooooo tempted to make Feb 25th Annual Complain to OHB day :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next