It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:00 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:30 pm 

Hello,

seems like fun leaked from Fun House. Attempting to go anywhere tosses me into stormy Cleft, and even in my relto there's a storm although I have this switched off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:29 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Moved to the Hood of Illusions forum to keep this with all the other threads related to the the Illusions and Fun House hoods.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:58 pm 

lunanne wrote:
If it doesn't leave when you restart, you'll have to contact the grey hats.

It will *always* leave when you restart, barring huge massive absurd bugs in Cyan's code that make it save that state between game sessions.

This is the second time people have brought this up this week, so when OHB gets back from vacation I'll bug him to adjust the wording in the "Everything you need to know" thread, to make the details of what might happen more clear.

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

PaladinOfKaos wrote:

It will *always* leave when you restart, barring huge massive absurd bugs in Cyan's code that make it save that state between game sessions.

That's the kind of statement that makes everyone, including Cyan, mad at you if it happens. Watch out! :shock: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:26 pm 

I was trying to help a new Explorer visiting a Bevin and they were very confused by the sand everywhere in our totally normal hood. I am sorry that this project is not confined to the source hood as promised but was afraid that this would happen with tampering with the game..... it has happened in the past and I continue to enjoy the original and pure MOUL URU experience which has plenty to entertain and mystify and enchant without the aberrations of those who would make a carnival mockery out of our wonderful world. In time sanity will prevail I am sure. Please clean up the sand when possible.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

well, there's an afore mentioned problem with new arrivals with no prior knowledge of the nature of the funhouse that is difficult to resolve. you see, they go looking for a bevin with people in it to help them (i've experienced this before there myself) and the funhouse is often times full of a fair number of people. they do not necessarily realize what goes on there. unfortunately, the fact that the effects there carry over outside the funhouse puts a damper on their initial experience. of course, you can explain to them how to fix it. but since the effects will follow them around, as they're discovering books and linking to ages they're gonna be seeing them as all wrong. this may even lead them to the conclusion that something is wrong with the game. one of the newcommers even asked me "i take it this isn't normal?" to which i had to explain to him it's allowed under certain limitations and other particulars. (fortunately for him he crashed which took care of the lingering effects for him)

i think somehow rectifying this issue would be a helpful priority.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:10 am 

A message posted in the Fun House Bevin's imager could help. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:18 am 
Obduction Backer

it might but newcommers wouldn't necessarily know to examine the imagers and they are already in the bevin by that point.

perhaps if a temporary notice could be set to the DRC Bevins? the ones that are generated to house new arrivals. the notice could be set to disappear some time after the Bevin fills to capacity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:11 pm 

Well considering what inspired the Hood of Illusions and the Fun House Cris and the alternatives :idea:

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Perhaps the Grey Hats could use some greeter-type helpers - maybe some of their fans who have experienced the hood, know what to expect and how to clear the effects. If there's an informational message on the imager, take a good KI shot of it and hand it out to new arrivals; greet them by name and let them know you're available to answer questions. Perhaps the Grey Hat in charge of the event could even point out the helpers (maybe all could wear the same shirt [in grey, naturally]) at the beginning and periodically during the event and instruct people with questions to contact them via PM (unless there's public Q&A during the event). Something like that....

Sort of like what the Rooftop Volunteer Group (RVG) does during Ktahdn's musical events so he can focus on his D'niJ duties. They assist guests by handing out KI messages about the event, typing the url into the chat for new arrivals, and answering questions.... oh, maybe the Grey Hats should just hire the RVG. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:01 pm 

The grey hats probably wouldn't mind that, but the issue I see is that those volunteers will have to be knowledgeable in the hacking themselves in order to intelligently "greet" people. Currently only those few who enjoy working with the code are knowledgeable enough and they're busy enough as it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Well, then, apparently I don't know enough about the Fun House to post intelligently here because I was thinking that they could do just exactly what Lunanne did here in advising TomVal on his issue. Or, perhaps Lunanne is knowledgeable in hacking and coding? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:27 pm 

Or, (I had this idea earlier today as I was thinking about something else), there could be a bot especially set up to send a series of messages instantly to every new player that gets in the hood. (OHBot also did something that, or I'm mistaken?) Please don't laugh, I don't know how easy it is to do it, it's just an idea.
But all this talk seems somehow useless when the Fun House hasn't been public since the game went down last week (afaik). Will we see more of it??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:47 pm 

Tai'lahr wrote:
Well, then, apparently I don't know enough about the Fun House to post intelligently here because I was thinking that they could do just exactly what Lunanne did here in advising TomVal on his issue. Or, perhaps Lunanne is knowledgeable in hacking and coding? :?

Ah, that makes more sense. I was thinking something more complex. Essentially have people who listen to complaints, relay them to the grey hats if need be, but more importantly relay the solutions to the people in TFH. Did I get that right?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next