It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:38 am 

Shorah, everyone!

With Cyan's recent fixes to the licensing, I can finally share builds with you... so I'm going to.

To connect this build to Cyan's server, simply run plclient_moula.vbs. Please be aware that this is an "internal" development build, and contains features that could allow you to do some nasty things in public areas. Please experiment only in The Fun House, or in your private age instances. I take no responsibility if you trash your private instance, so I suggest you use The Fun House. Even though this build can connect to cyan's server, you must not test any new ages on their server. It will break things. If you want to test an age you will need to configure your own server or find a shard owner who can accommodate you

You'll need to copy over the data and sfx folders from Cyan's MOULagain in order for these to be useful. You may also need to run oalinst.exe to install the OpenAL runtime on your system.

Also note that it's impossible to use the included UruExplorer with Cyan's server - the patcher will overwrite it. It's included only to make it possible for someone to base a shard off of this build.

If you downloaded the initial release, please delete the OpenAL32.dll file included with that zip. it's corrupt and could cause new releases to fail to launch

Changelog
902D:
  • Fixed a crash in Max 2012 when adding RT lights
  • Shaved about 3ms off age load times
902C:
  • Fixed an issue where plasma layers were not properly saved in max files
902B:
  • Plugin has an Export entry in the Plasma menu now
  • A launcher script has been added to connect plClient to Cyan's server
  • A Python.pak for shard operators who want to use these UruExplorer builds is now included
Initial Release:
  • Better input support--you are now able to send international chat
  • Improved the cursors
  • Fixed corrupted jpegs
  • Prevent some remote code exploits by screening network messages
  • Add support for multiple servers through config file (server.ini)
  • Don't disable num lock
  • Eliminate common dead stop lag issues
  • LOTS of under-the-hood changes and fixes

The version of the code used for the latest build is available here

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Last edited by PaladinOfKaos on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Very promising bug-fixes! :D
However, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but when I download your zip file and copy-paste its contents into my URU directory and start the game, he gives me this error message: "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I've tried using plClient.exe, UruExplorer.exe, and UruLauncher.exe. Additionally, I've run the PhysX_Steup.exe program and tried again. I always get the same error. Any help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

You need to install the “Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package”. I’m not sure what the canonical place to obtain the latest version is, but this security update currently seems to have the newest one: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26999. You need vcredist_x86.exe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Okay... Still won't start. Now, if I start UruLauncher, I reach the update dialog: it states "Initializing patcher"... and that's it, it stays stuck there.
Then, if I try opening the two other files, I get "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

You shouldn't be running urulauncher...

you need to run plClient..., and now you've run urulauncher.. .you need to extract it all again and replace the files you've got in there from scratch. =)

You might also need the MOUL-SCRIPTS stuff from https://github.com/H-uru/moul-scripts (and only here, the ones on openuru.org are not compatible with this client) (not sure if branan packaged those...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

This release is really for more savy users at this point. More comprehensive instructions will be released later once we work around the issue of needing to give you the keys to the universe to do anything ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh, I see. Any idea when that "later" will be, though?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:42 pm 

As soon as I verify the changes Paradox just made are good and rebuild the code :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:02 am 
Obduction Backer

So cool! So is this version compatible with previous age releases for DI or do we have to wait for them to be re-compiled to work with plClient?

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:54 am 

It won't work with any PoTS or DI ages. They need to be built for MOUL/CWE specifically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:16 am 
Obduction Backer

What does it work with then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:08 am 

Ages built for the MOUL/CWE version of the engine. It should eventually be possible to port ages (with the original, pre-export resources of course), but I don't think the blender tools are working yet, and even when they do it will probably require some tinkering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:37 pm 

Heya folks, I'm working on getting another bundle out. It turns out I shipped the wrong OpenAL32.dll in this bundle, so you may want to hold off on using it (or just replace my OpenAL32.dll with a different one).

The next bundle will fix that little oversight, and in addition will feature:
  • Max plugins for 2010, 2011, and 2012
  • Moving the 'Export' entry from 'file' to 'plasma'
  • A launcher script to connect plClient to Cyan's server
  • A Python.pak for shard operators who want to use these UruExplorer builds
  • A separate bundle of the Python and SDL files, for those who want to use the internal plClient

There's a small regression in plClient that I'm working on narrowing down. Once that's been fixed I'll release the updated bundle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you for all the work that has been put into this work. It will be nice to have a compiled client and scripts for the fan-run shards.

I just want to add my voice to the concern that we make sure that the "keys to the universe" are not too easily given out for any shard. Also, if it has not already been done, it also would probably be a good idea (out of respect) to check with Cyan to make sure they don't have a problem with a distributed client accessing their servers "out of the box", even if it has no dangerous abilities and has no changes that would risk corrupting the vault.

Once again, thank you for this! Now that we have the new license, I look forward to seeing what's ahead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

You refer to this as a "Testing" build. Some questions :)

1) Is there any particular thing(s) about the build that you would like people to test?
2) Would you mind providing instructions, or a link to such, for how people should report any discoveries or issues?
3) Is there a list of known issues, so we can avoid reporting things you already know?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next