It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:48 am 

The Magnificent City - 1st Quest Release - May 29th, 2012

What it encompasses?

36 quests spread inside 4 main projects & 4 independent quests

My projects are:

Ae'gura Lakefront Network - 13 quests

Ae'gura Heights Network - 10 quests

The Greater Library - 5 quests

The City's Belt - 4 quests

ask Annabelle (#03632553) to have those quests

1 - Ae'gura Lakefront Network:

This Network is made of 13 quests. 3 quests start in every entrances (Bridge, Concert Hall, 1st Landing, Kahlo's Pub Rooftop) and 1 quest has no entrance.

My idea behind this network was to cover everything I could between the bridge and the end of the docks. I succeeded. You won't find 2 quests the same. They all have their particularities.

Entrance by the Bridge:

1 - The New Spine - by Skydiver Annabelle (90 markers) NEW QUEST MAY 2012
2 - The Canyon Forks - by La belle Anna (86 markers) UPDATED MAY 2012
3 - Docks Xpressway - by Annabelle X (85 markers) UPDATED MAY 2012

Entrance by the Concert Hall: Combo jumps needed

4 - The Gallery - by Annabelle-Sophie (85 markers) UPDATED MAY 2012
5 - The Gems - by Skydiver Anna (100 markers) UPDATED MAY 2012
6 - The Paths to Docks - by Annabelle-Sophie (69 markers) UPDATED MAY 2012

Entrance by the 1st Landing (Great Stairs):

7 - Ae'gura By-the-Lake - by Annabelle-Sophie (92 markers) UPDATED MAY 2012
8 - Docks Connection - by Annabelle-Sophie (95 markers) UPDATED MAY 2012
9 - The Bahro Stone Cave - by Annabelle X (73 markers) UPDATED MAY 2012

Entrance by the Kahlo's Pub Rooftop: Zip Line Launch needed

10 - Archview Descent - by Annabelle-Sophie2 (88 markers) UPDATED MAY 2012
11 - Docks Magnificent - by Skydiver Anna (94 markers) UPDATED MAY 2012
12 - The Sunken Ships - by Annabelle-Sophie2 (88 markers) UPDATED MAY 2012

Quest without real entrance:

13 - Ferry Terminal - by La jolie Annabelle (90 markers) UPDATED MAY 2012

Few Pictures:

taken from The Paths to Docks - you won't believe how high you are on this wall

taken from The Paths to Docks - the 3-4 markers at the top of the picture, that's where I took the previous picture

taken from Archview Descent - quest view from a low spot

taken from Archview Descent - quest view from the 2nd landing

taken from The Bahro Stone Cave - and you see only one half

taken from The Gallery - I really like to ride this arc-shaped walls

taken from The Canyon Forks

taken from The Canyon Forks - I really like this spot, nice view of that area

taken from Docks Magnificent

taken from Ae'gura By-the-Lake

taken from The Sunken Ships - that's a nice spot

taken from The Sunken Ships - same as previous picture, different angle

taken from The Sunken Ships

taken from Ferry Terminal - every wooden post is covered with a marker

2 - Ae'gura Heights Network:

I entered in the area covered by this network when 3 skydivers (Wanabe, Stone and F'ni) were beginning to explore this vast area. I used F'ni's first 30 markers of which 10 were from a previous route that I made and I had shown to both Wanabe and F'ni. From that point, I made my way everywhere, revealing new routes. I went up to any extend where the city's collisions design itself blocked me. You won't be able to add a lot over what I've covered.

Everything is new for most of explorers. I come with this huge network of 10 quests.

The only entrance to this quest is the suspended bridge.

The goal is to enable the reach of everything between the suspended bridge and the Tokotah courtyard's palace side and beyond (The Strip Mall and the 2nd landing of the Great Stairs)

NO combo jumps needed in my entire network

You can travel to any extend of this network using 2 quests. I made the network so there is a sweet balance between "entrance" quests and "further exploration" quests.

Ae'gura Heights Network Quests:

1- Hall of Kings - Skydiver Annabelle - 100 markers

2- Bridge & Canyon - Annabelle-Sophie2 - 91 markers UPDATED MAY 2012

3- T-Junction Cave - La jolie Annabelle - 60 markers

4- Palace Courtyard - La jolie Annabelle - 100 markers

5- La jolie's Hall of Kings - La jolie Annabelle - 89 markers

6- Guilds' Hall - Annabelle-Sophie - 54 markers

7- Courtyard Heights - La jolie Annabelle - 90 markers

8- The Palace - Annabelle-Sophie - 84 markers

9- The Strip Mall - Annabelle-Sophie - 97 markers

10- Arch Vistas - Annabelle-Sophie - 85 markers

The 5 first quests are "entrance" quests and the remaining are "further exploration" quests. The last 5 quests cannot be played alone, you need to enter the network before with another quest. The Hall of Kings and the La jolie's Hall of Kings quest are very similar. La jolie's route is easier than Skydiver Annabelle's route.

Few Pictures:

taken from Arch Vistas (#10)

taken from Arch Vistas (#10) - same as previous but different angle - you can appreciate the height looking at my 2nd avatar on the 2nd landing

taken from Courtyard Heights (#7)

taken from Courtyard Heights (#7)

taken from Courtyard Heights (#7) - showing Arch Vistas (#10)

taken from The Strip Mall (#9)

taken from The Palace (#8.)

taken from The Palace (#8.) - same spot as previous picture but now facing the Palace inner courtyard

taken from Guilds' Hall (#6) - on the pillar supporting the walkway over the Palace Alcove

taken from Hall of Kings (#1)

taken from La jolie's Hall of Kings (#5)

taken from La jolie's Hall of Kings (#5) - showing Guilds' Hall (#6)

taken from Palace Courtyard (#4)

taken from T-Junction Cave (#3) - you see the lower and the higher wall, the climb in between the two is inside the staircase

taken from T-Junction Cave (#3) - that's on the very top

taken from T-Junction Cave (#3) - as you can see you are so high you are over the lower stalactites and able to see outside

3 - The Greater Library:

In this project that started a long way back in time in early spring 2010 in fact, I worked hard to map everything I could, alone or with help of others (Shellshock, Stone, Artmustel). The result is 5 quests covering everything between the bridge and the lakeshore with the exception of the Library itself (basement excluded, I made a quest).

NO combo jumps needed in my entire 5 quests

Many will think that you must master combo to reach some features within the Greater Library side. My answer to that: absolutely no. Everything, like in the word "everything" can be reach without any combo jumps. I don't say it will be easy, I say it is reachable.

The Greater Library Quests:

1- Library Hallway - Skydiver Anna - 102 markers

2- Library Courtyard - Skydiver Anna - 100 markers

3- Library Cliff - Skydiver Anna - 63 markers

4- Library Basement - Skydiver Anna - 68 markers

5- Ae'gura Lakeshore - Skydiver Anna - 101 markers

Few Pictures:

taken from Library Hallway - I'm over the swamp

taken from Library Hallway - at the top of the staircase leading to the small library courtyard below

taken from Library Courtyard

taken from Library Courtyard - same spot as previous picture, different angle to show that, I'm standing over nothing

same spot as previous pictures - showing markers from my quest Ae'gura Lakeshore

same spot as previous pictures - showing markers from my quest Ae'gura Lakeshore

same spot as previous pictures - showing markers from my quest Library Cliff

taken from Libray Cliff - on one of the top marker, you see that the slope is more than very steep

taken from Libray Cliff - showing the channel digged in the stalagmite range

taken from Library Basement - I'm over a barricade - you might say...well I don't see what's so special...wait

taken from Library Basement - I'm on the same spot as previous picture - the top floor is the floor where you can find the linking books (Minkata & Jalak Dador), then follow the stairs, you will come to the floor underneath with the barricades, then follow the second stairs, you will come to a floor not solid, then follow the stairs, you will cross my path :)

taken from Library Basement - I'm on the same spot as previous pictures - another angle to show you that this barricade is the lowest solid item and it's beyond everything else. It's stand in the middle of the 3rd stairs

4 - The City's Belt:

The concept is real simple. I made four routes, one in each quest. These four routes cover the entire contour of the city. So to people asking…can we do the grand tour of Ae’gura? I will say yes playing my 4 quests. Three lengths start on the bridge and one revolves around Tokotah. Each quest is standalone.

The Greater Library (City’s Belt) goes from the bridge down to the lakeshore where you will face the Blocked Dock Gate (location in which The Lakefront length goes through 200 feet away)

The Lakefront (City’s Belt) goes from the bridge down to the far end of the docks just under the Tokotah cliff (on which one of the 2 ends of The Tokotah Side is located 200 feet above)

The Tokotah Side (City’s Belt) goes from the Guilds’ Hall alley (in which The Heights length ends 25 feet away) up to the Tokotah cliff with a view on the far end of the docks (where The Lakefront length ends 200 feet below)

The Heights (City’s Belt) goes from the bridge and stay relatively horizontal and ends inside the Guilds’ Hall alley (where you see one of the 2 ends of The Tokotah Side length 25 feet away)

As you can see the only “holes” are logical like the lake between the shore (The Greater Library) and the Blocked Gate Dock (The Lakefront) or the Tokotah cliff or physical like in the Guilds’ Hall alley because there is a bad collision wall section in there. Apart from that, everything is covered.

NO combo jumps needed in my entire 4 quests

You will notice that each length takes the name of the Network or project it goes thru with the exception of the 4th that I had to find a name for

The City's Belt Quests:

1- The Lakefront (City's Belt) - by La belle Anna - 95 markers UPDATED MAY 2012

2- The Heights (City's Belt) - by Annabelle-Sophie2 - 100 markers UPDATED MAY 2012

3- The Greater Library (City's Belt) - by Skydiver Annabelle - 104 markers UPDATED MAY 2012

4- The Tokotah Side (City's Belt) - by Skydiver Annabelle - 55 markers UPDATED MAY 2012

Independent Quests:

These following quests were worked independently even though they are all located in the same area of the city.

They are generally harder than my average quests in the city. Museum Hardcore require bouncing double jump and The Definitive Kahlo's Pub require combo jumps.

1- Tokotah Courtyard - Evelyne - 75 markers UPDATED MAY 2012

2- Tokotah Tent - Evelyne - 54 markers UPDATED MAY 2012

3- Museum Hardcore - Annabelle - 27 markers UPDATED MAY 2012

4- The Definitive Kahlo's Pub - Annabelle - 77 markers NEW QUEST MAY 2012

The Definitive Kahlo’s Pub:

This quest is a must to have in every KI. It’s the most complete & reliable (this is important) coverage in the Kahlo’s Pub. I tried to compare my quest with the other products on the market; mine doesn’t stand any comparison. You’ll be able to get inside the pub, tour the attic and go back all the way up to Tokotah Alley.

Few Pictures:

taken from Tokotah Courtyard - these markers around me are quite unique - their uniqueness comes from the fact that it's hardcore going there - I mapped this section in May

taken from Tokotah Courtyard - from these new grounds, you can see easily down in the courtyard itself

taken from Museum Hardcore - a classic!

taken from The Definitive Kahlo's Pub - all the markers are at the same height and they are all connected - you can make the grand tour

taken from The Definitive Kahlo's Pub - all the markers are at the same height and they are all connected - you can make the grand tour

taken from The Definitive Kahlo's Pub - that back door, home of my exit to reach back to the Tokotah Alley high above

taken from The Definitive Kahlo's Pub - on my way back to the Tokotah Alley

taken from The Definitive Kahlo's Pub - you see I covered the 2 imagers - I covered also the memorial in the hallway leading to the pub

taken from The Definitive Kahlo's Pub - you see a black box behind the hallway - I think it is link with the Wheely's story as being an actor box. You can go there using spawn in TOC MOUL or using an internal client or on a private shard

taken from The Definitive Kahlo's Pub - look closely in the crack in the roof, you will see one of my avatar standing there

That's that...I hope it's enough :lol: :wink:

Last edited by Annabelle on Wed May 30, 2012 3:15 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:24 am 

I won't be mass distributing them either.

I don't want them to be mass distributing by anyone else either.

You can send the quests to your buddies, I don't expect your buddies to be the Cavern Entire Distibution List though ;)

Thank you very much :D

Last edited by Annabelle on Sun May 27, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:57 am 

Can't wait to try them.
I am far from being the great, but I still enjoy all the quests.

Put me, please, on your forwarding list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:57 pm 

I'd like to join the line please, ki# 04439197 ^^

I have a quesiton though, why is this? -->

Annabelle wrote:
If you want all the quests, I won't send them all to you unless you create a new avvie.

Is it a matter of space in our incoming folder, or something else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:59 pm 

@ Nicoleleigh:

You already have all the quests, you were in the 1st batch :D

@ Adi and everyone:

ok I'll include you in the 2nd batch. Nevermind the instruction of a new avvie it's not mandatory but highly suggested because most of people that will have those 35 quests will want the next 23, the next... until the 7th release. Good luck to find a quest in such situation.

In my own avvies, I don't keep much more than 50 quests. I might go over it but I do surveys from time to time in my storage avvies and if I see one has more than 50, I create a new one to send the overhead to them. Why 50? It's because :lol: . I just find this number not too low to have the need to create 150 avvies but not too high either to lose myself sorting a quest when I need one.

---------

Question by explorers: What about Abjab? I ask him the quests and he doesn't have it.

My answer to that: Abjab is treated as an normal explorer with my releases, that mean that if HE wants the quests for HIMSELF, I send HIM the quests requested. I told Abjab not to distribute my quests to third party.

If you want my quests, ask them to me. I won't say no to anyone unless you have putted me on ignore list for months. If you say to me: "How do you know that fact?". My answer is: "I told you I had 80 something avvies...I might lie and have many more, I might be all day present in public areas. When I'm there with both public and private avvies, I know the difference in the chatlog between the 2. The difference is the ones that put me on ignore." :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:41 pm 

Waiting impatiently.......

KI # 14686792

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:17 pm 

Annabelle wrote:
Nevermind the instruction of a new avvie it's not mandatory but highly suggested because most of people that will have those 35 quests will want the next 23, the next... until the 7th release. Good luck to find a quest in such situation.

Yep you were right, better to keep them stored in one avvie and send yourself the ones you plan to do, a few at a time. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 pm 

Received 1st and 2nd (i think). TYVM

Wow! It will be like a whole new breath of fresh air for the more experienced members, and magic in the eyes of the newer ones. Excellent for MOULA altogether, IMHO.

I am glad I created a new avie just for these.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi, my youngest avi Zachy sent a request note to The Magnificent City but never had a response. Could please put in a kind reminder to The Magnificent City for young Zachy? Thanks, Lightkeeper

I edited to correct the name of your avi, sorry I got that wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:55 pm 

@ jek : I'm glad you asked me because there is no way I could retrace you :wink:

I won't rewrite your KI-mail here but you forgot an important thing...your KI number :D

You can send it to TMC and I'll send the games

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:52 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks Annabelle. I was thinking of KI-mail like email and a simple reply would answer all. Silly me.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:43 am 

Official Re-release of The Magnificent City: May 29th, 2012

(PLEASE NOTE: the first post on this thread has been reviewed to show the updates made to my release)

I worked hard in the past month (May 2012) to rework parts of certain quests, to rework entirely some others and to produce 2 new quests. On 36 quests in Ae’gura, 21 quests have been modified, this is really huge.

Let’s go back in time in the beginning of May 2012.

1) The Spine & The Greater Ferry Networks are dead; let’s celebrate the new Ae’gura Lakefront Network

Scrolling through my quests in Ae’gura, I saw that one of my quests: “The Spine Route” was broken.

I decided to look at the whole situation, this quest was literally the “spine” of an extensive network and a second network was linked to it; a total of 13 quests, a huge monstrous bunch of quests with no real direction, “spine”less LOL.

I told myself…let me wipe out all that and do it differently. I worked hard, real hard, cutting here, adding here, remapping this length, removing that length…to come with an entirely new product.

What was the reality up to mid-May 2012 is History right now.

So how it translates in term of my quests?

I cut down nearly 175 markers in my 13 quests.
I merge the 2 networks to make just 1 single network pretty straightforward I must say; each quest is now a standalone.
I cut down all the annoying cross-references between quests.
You are now following, for most of my quests, a single path and all my numbering start at 1, 1 like … the 1st step LOL.
I grouped them 3 by 3 logically except 1 which is a special quest; my quests are grouped by entrances and it goes like this: Bridge, Concert Hall, The Great Stairs' 1st Landing, the Kahlo's Pub Rooftop.

I reworked ENTIRELY 11 out of the 12 quests that were still active. I renamed 8 of them. I made a brand new quest to replace "The Spine Route" broken quest.

The New Spine:

An entirely new quest based upon my defunct "The Spine Route" quest. The “Spine” in the name is in memory of my old quest. There’s no reference in the entire network to the “Spine” unless I'm referring to this particular quest.

You cannot say...oh I played her quests, I know what I will find..."No!" It's an all new product. It's slick now. :D

2) Around Tokotah & Kahlo’s Pub

I decided to rework entirely the quests in this area. I made nice additions or remove sections in each of my 3 quests already published.

There's a new quest: The Definitive Kahlo’s Pub :D

This quest is a must to have in every KI. It’s the most complete & reliable (this is important) coverage in the Kahlo’s Pub. I tried to compare my quest with the other products on the market; mine doesn’t stand any comparison. You’ll be able to get inside the pub, tour the attic and go back all the way up to Tokotah Alley.

3) The City’s Belt

This project was ambitious; unfortunately explorers didn’t understand it. I decided to rework it entirely so it would be real easy to understand and enjoyable to play.

The concept is real simple. I made four routes, one in each quest. These four routes cover the entire contour of the city. So to people asking…can we do the grand tour of Ae’gura? I will say yes playing my 4 quests. Three lengths start on the bridge and one revolves around Tokotah. Each quest is standalone.

The Greater Library (City’s Belt) goes from the bridge down to the lakeshore where you will face the Blocked Dock Gate (location in which The Lakefront length goes through 200 feet away)

The Lakefront (City’s Belt) goes from the bridge down to the far end of the docks just under the Tokotah cliff (on which one of the 2 ends of The Tokotah Side is located 200 feet above)

The Tokotah Side (City’s Belt) goes from the Guilds’ Hall alley (in which The Heights length ends 25 feet away) up to the Tokotah cliff with a view on the far end of the docks (where The Lakefront length ends 200 feet below)

The Heights (City’s Belt) goes from the bridge and stay relatively horizontal and ends inside the Guilds’ Hall alley (where you see one of the 2 ends of The Tokotah Side length 25 feet away)

As you can see the only “holes” are logical like the lake between the shore (The Greater Library) and the Blocked Gate Dock (The Lakefront) or the Tokotah cliff or physical like in the Guilds’ Hall alley because there is a bad collision wall section in there. Apart from that, everything is covered.

I took down almost 75 markers in the process on my entire 4 quests. These quests are really great. You must play them, you'll now enjoy them.

4) What I didn’t touch then?

My network named “Ae’gura Heights”, 10 quests and my project called “The Greater Library”, 5 quests have remained untouched. I’m satisfied with them and I already made some touches up already (sneakily I must say) without you noticing them. :lol:

5) Synthesis of all changes that have occurred:

The Spine Network (7 quests) no longer exists and has been merged into Ae’gura Lakefront Network (13 quests)

The Spine Route – no longer available, the quest is broken (use Whom 1.1.2a to delete it from your KI, ask Adams Hoikas for his application in PM)

The New Spine – new quest made for my new network

The Forks has been changed for The Canyon Forks
The Arcs has been changed for The Gallery
The Paths has been changed for The Paths to Docks
The Xpressway has been changed for Docks Xpressway
The Branches has been changed for The Sunken Ships

The Greater Ferry Network (6 quests) no longer exists and has been merged into Ae’gura Lakefront Network (13 quests)

The Links has been changed for The Bahro Stone Cave
The Loops has been changed for Docks Connection
The Great Stairs has been changed for Archview Descent

The Belt Route project is now known under The City’s Belt

The Belt’s Greater Library Stretch has been changed for The Greater Library (City’s Belt)
The Belt’s Heights Stretch has been changed for The Heights (City’s Belt)
The Belt’s Lakefront Stretch has been changed for The Lakefront (City’s Belt)
The Belt’s Entrances has been changed for The Tokotah Side (City’s Belt)

Those independent quests have new names

Tokotah Tent (Museum Side) has been changed for Tokotah Tent
Tokotah Courtyard (Museum Side) has been changed for Tokotah Courtyard
Museum Hardcore (Museum Side) has been changed for Museum Hardcore

A new quest has been added to my independent quests:

The Definitive Kahlo’s Pub

6) The process:

For my updated quests:

Please notice that you don’t have to request the updated quests…you have them already in your KI has I updated them directly on the old versions. You can request an updated version of them if the server created a new version (I have 10 of them that are now dated from May 22nd, 2012) I don’t have control on that process so some of them kept only one version dated way back in time.

For my 2 new quests:

The New Spine & The Definitive Kahlo’s Pub, I will try to remember who received my city quests and you’ll receive them automatically ON MAY 29th 2012. For those running many avatars, make sure to check every of them before asking me. I know a guy having up to 25 avatars (...I also know a girl who runs 71 avatars too, she must be crazy :lol: ).

If I forget you or you want these 2 brand new quests, ask me (Annabelle KI # 03632553).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:20 am 

My work is completed :D

You can now appreciate what I've done looking at the pictures I've just posted in the curse of the last hour on the initial post of this thread.

I've sent my 2 brand new quests (The New Spine & The Definitive Kahlo's Pub) to explorers that received the entire 1st release when I first published it in October 2011. If I forgot you, just tell me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]