It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:27 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:37 pm 

Update # 1... We have decided that the Opening Day for the International Hood will be the 21st of April 2013
This, as it happens, coincides with the Celebration of the D'ni New Year!
But also, when Sunday turns into Monday in Japan and Asia and later around the world, the 22nd Monday is
The International Mother Earth Day. A fitting occasion already there, as we dwell inside Mother Earth!

Update # 2... Time Line added

UPDATE # 3... Saturday 20th

Disclaimer: In case of events beyond our control: Such as Cyan Server going down, Streams stop working
or Internet failing... PLEASE Have a Look at the FORUMS. We'll inform here... if anything such should occur!

Thank You ALL who have so far contributed and made this all possible. Now ... Let's Rock the Cavern on Sunday!

---------------------------------------------------
You are ALL invited and most welcome to Celebrate this Memorable Occasion.
Time and Locations ............. This is a Schedule as it stands atm.:

The International Hood will be open Sunday Morning at 06:00 KI Time! We should also have a Music Stream
going by then (See this topic for a Music Stream schedule >> ... OR ask for the I.H.P. PSA Bullentin with latest
updates and confirmation of Times in the City) The Hood is Public, with a Link in Nexus.

At 12:00 KI Time we will have some kind of "Official Opening" of the Hood. A bit of speaches etc, Fireworks or such.
At 13:00 well hear a few thoughts from a Friend of ours, who can unfortunately not be present and with us...

During the Event we will (hopefully) get Visits from Around the Globe. 08:00 KI Time it's a visit from Japan.
Perhaps also Australia & NZ could join in too.

Around 14:00 to 15:00 we should have Visitors from Italy, Russia, Netherlands and hopefully France

All Visits still to be confirmed! All Times Approximative, KI Time!

-------------------------
-- MOULa is very much an International Community. We wish more highlight this fact, and from that has this project been born. Note: This is NOT any specific Guild associated project. I [Max] only post this as a spokesperson for a planning group, not as GoMe's member! This specific Topic will also be updated as we progress

-- We all meet from time to time players that are Non-English. This whole Idea originates from that fact!

-- This is still a very much a W.I.P... a work in process in its initial stage. Meant to HELP any Non-English Player! And to become a reality it will require HELP and Support from all of you. The community... as we can NOT do all of this alone.

-- We have created a New Hood for this Project. Let's call it just a *HOOD* for now .. It might be named *International Hood*... A *HOOD* that is Always meant to be Public! And we'll try to keep it at the top of Nexus. Hopefully if Cyan is supportive of this idea too we can make some changes to this Hood.

-- We'll try and compile a list of Foreign Language Hoods. Hoods whos members are mostly Non-English and could provide ASSISTANCE in some other given language That meaning: A List of ACTIVE Hoods who's members meet on regular, hopefully at least on Weekly Basis and could, if needed INFORM any Non-English player in his/hers own Primary Language.

-- And this INFO list is meant to be as A Guidance for any Non-English players... By also providing Links to the URU Forum foreign language sections and/or our own INFO site. This would be permanently displayed on the this *HOOD*'s Imager(s) The Hood Imager has some restrictions on how many messeges it can take or how much text it can display. We still have to test that out

-- But we should be able to cover the five (5) main languages. And with those, Inform about all the different Groups or Different Languages found in the Cavern.

-- Languages suggested to be displayed is the following: English, German, French, Dutch and Spanish

-- We might be able to add up to ten or more languages. But for that we'd need then to decide which ones!? --- Italian, Portugese, Greek, Russian if possible, Japanese perhaps .. what others?

-- You all can support this project by simply replying in this topic. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Different (specificly) National HOODS we're so far aware of, found in Nexus ....

German's NULP's Hood
Gerrman Explorer's Hood
Mystpedia's Hood (french)
De Nederlandse Buurt's Hood (dutch)
Italian's Hood
Danish's Hood
Greek's Hood

Last edited by m.a.x.2.0 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

m.a.x.2.0 wrote:
I [ Max ]onlypostthisasa spokespersonfora planninggroup , not asGoMe 's member !

/lol... Max. :lol:

This is a splendid project!! :D
Japanese Hood is this.

Tonari's Hood

We can advance to "GULP!" which is a translation project.
But...
Where did OHB go to?

Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:51 am 
Obduction Backer

I think this is a great idea.
Hm, Think I may have some **** that could be used here.

Last edited by Stone. on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:47 am 

Stone. wrote:
I think this is a great idea.
Hm, Think I may have some **** that could be used here.
/me had to re-adjusted with Stone's mods lol

Me, as a non-english speaker :lol: wonder what could be hiding behind these asterisks?

Hmm... nah I know what Stone meant :wink:

Yes a great initiative!

EDEN-Gira is another french speaking hood, the home of 2 of my avatars, we are not a big hood (67 members) but it's often bump up in the public hood list. There are other hoods but they mostly are without activity. If you want to keep the list short I would go with Mystpedia & EDEN-Gira for the french community.

I don't want to start a community war ... I would suggest Italian over Spanish for the 5 primary languages. I have the feeling, that Spanish-speaking countries are under-represented in the Cavern.

I dunno for Spain itself as I'm mostly playing at American (Americas as a whole) time. I never saw people from Mexico, Guatemala, etc... If I'm wrong and there's a living spanish-speaking community then forgive me.

I know there's a big Italian community. It could also be Portuguese with all the Brazilians.

Last edited by Annabelle on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:11 am 
Obduction Backer

@ m.a.x.2.0 _____great idea! especially this one
Quote:
Let's call it just a *HOOD* for now

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

/leanleft

Last edited by Keir on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:06 pm 

Wouldn't it be a good idea if someone posted this in the other language forums?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

On it for french language asap...

Membre du quartier Mystpedia - KI 9392
Alts : EG Jan (gone) / Sleeper Jan KI (coming soon)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:11 pm 

what a great idea,thankfully i can blabber away in english but it must be a real pain if nobody speaks your native tongue and your looking for help.....or just a bud :wink: you can use my spanners to help you build it 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:30 pm 

Hmm that sounds like a Replacement of the Replacement of Guild Greeters imho, lawl.

Feel free to remove Greek from the candidates list, there doesn't seem to be any need for it, for the time being at least. ^^
Not to mention what a pain in the tushie it would be to add the language in that ****.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:37 pm 

I'll support it and lend assistance with Russian and German players, but my main focus has to be my own hood, the Female's Hood and the womens issues about which i am so passionate.

Let me know how I can help.

MOULa: NellieBly, Ki No. 20259397
The Open Cave: NellieBly, Ki No. 00214235

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

This could be useful for language learners, too :)

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:27 am 

Great idea!

If you need help, just call me and count on me for the german part. :D

lileth KI 19956007
magiclileth KI 20678677

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:15 pm 

This is a fantastic idea.
Definitely French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese and Russian from those I've helped in the game so far.

I want to pick up on the comment about replacing Guild of Greeters Hood.
Just having read this thread it occurs to me rather than making a new International "Hood" - we step up what is meant to be achieved at Guild of Greeters Hood - surely with the same impetus, drive and goals that would otherwise bring around the International Hood... Guild of Greeters will be immediately onboard with this new paradigm? What other purpose does the Guild serve but to welcome new players regardless of their language? Why create a new hood? Why not invigorate what GoG Hood is about with the same new energy and support?!?

I'm not certain I understand what follows on from this, please correct me if I've missed the point Max - But as I understand it the idea is to establish Hoods for specific languages and have players who speak fluently in those languages frequent the hood to help new players - I think this is a wonderful idea. To encourage a culture of "pay it forward" is one of the things that keeps me coming back. Its what made the game so great to me, and what I get a lot of enjoyment doing for others.
To make specific hoods available to those who speak in other languages seems a logical and very sensible step. We want to support new players, we want them to enjoy the game, and we hope some of them will go on to join us and help new players. Spreading beyond from English to other languages on a more regular basis to build up numbers and new communities within the game can only be good.

I've put my hand up to stream music on the chosen day. I'm more than happy to help where I can to make players of all languages feel welcome and get the same support and encouragement I did when I first started playing. :)

Well done guys, I'm really proud of you!

Cheers,
Yew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:48 pm 

Can't see what difference an international hood should make, exept to make it more confusing for a Newbie.

If you really care so much about non-english players: learn their language. Accept that they speak in their language. And "funny" comments about someone elses english from ppl who don't even speak a second language themselves are no help at all.