It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:38 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

When I try to go there (The Open Cave • Index page), my "Bitdefender Internet Security 2013" give me an alert...
If I clic to have more informations, I see this message (in French):

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:52 am 

I'd take it as a sign from the Universe that you should pick another shard to go play in. :P

I tend to ignore such messages, when they involve websites I know and trust or have trusted before for one reason or another, of course. Besides if there was really any sort of problem with them we would've known already from word of mouth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:53 am 
Obduction Backer

For some reason, I don't really trust this site...

That said, I wonder what can be considered "malware" by Bitdefender there.
This software is powerful, I haven't had any real problems since I use it (or earlier), so if it tells me there's a problem, is that it must have its reasons.
Does anyone have an idea of ​​what may seem to be a "Malware" on this site?
It could possibly help to fix the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:31 pm 

I'm no expert on these things, but in my experience it could be anything from your anti-virus / firewall being too sensitive to an image or even a pop-up.

I use AVG and it has no problem with the TOC site ... so it just depends on how much you trust your anti-virus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:01 pm 

It might also be related to what the website, as a whole, offers. You have there many files you can download, the TOC-installer for example.

I dunno the right terminology in english but since Manloc speaks french he will understand: It might be a faux-positif.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:22 pm 

That's "false postive" for your English speaking fokes, it means the antivures is getting over excited and saying the site is bad when it's not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Google Chrome also tries to detect whether a website contains malware (I believe through user reports and through automatic detection algorithms), and it doesn't display any warning when I go to the TOC website. So, I'd say it's safe to say this anti-virus program is, as others have said, simply overreacting; another possibility might be that the website contains a link to a website with malware (possibly put there by a spammer), and the anti-virus falsely identifies it as being the carrier of said malware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Has anyone made a reference to this post on the TOC forum yet?...I'll try

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:53 pm 

I am on the TOC forums every day, several times a day and have had no problems with malware or viruses. I think the problem is Bit Defender. I try to stay as far away from that software as possible. I use Norton and Zone Alarm and have never received any warnings.

Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Now..this is funny...\\

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (12) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:09 pm 

Did you try contacting the system admin, also that has nothing to with any viruses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:23 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

That error typically means that the web host's MySQL server has crashed. Often happens when the hosting service is getting hit with a DOS (Denial Of Service) attack, and usually has nothing to do with the websites that are actually hosted there.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:07 pm 

The TOC forums site has been down for two days and now the game servers for both TOC-MOULa and TPOTS appear to be down. Probably routine maintenance and upgrades.

Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:34 am 

Immediately after posting this, I went back and checked. The forum server was back online as well as the game servers.

Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:45 am 
Obduction Backer

I always have the same message...

And yes, I trust in Bitdefender.

TOC is currently the only site where I have an alert message like this one.
Some other sites I visit, have publicity and/or popups and/or installers downloads, there is also the java clock on the Guild of Sleepers for example ; but never a Bitdefender alert there.
Also no alert on adult sites... lol :P
All the bads things I can meet on the Web are blocked by Bitdefender or Adblock Plus (Mozilla Firefox) for example.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next