It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:26 pm 

Folks,

Thank you for your kind support of the Female Hood.

As you know, some players have been targeted by griefers. I have been busy consoling a few other women and urging them not to run away from the game.

Griefers want attention, and if ignored will go away. Although I've got a thick skin and make good use of my ignore-list, I'm concerned that new players are being scared away, veteran players may burn out, and CAVCON donations will surely suffer.

So for the moment, i have made the Female Hood private. This means that anybody who would like to visit or join, please PM me either here on the forum or in the game. My KI number is 20259397. Will send invitations out to regular visitors; if i've missed you, please just remind me.

Thanks!
Nellie

MOULa: NellieBly, Ki No. 20259397
The Open Cave: NellieBly, Ki No. 00214235

Last edited by NellieBly on Fri May 10, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

It's a shame that I can never catch these greifers while I'm online. Lets just say they don't really care for my charm... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:04 am 

Tomala wrote:
It's a shame that I can never catch these greifers while I'm online. Lets just say they don't really care for my charm... :lol:

how could they not! you're more charming then a bucket of venomous silicon based lifeforms

KI #12987306

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Griefing epidemic?

New account creation is currently suspended, so reports to support [AT] cyan [DOT] com will likely do a good job of thinning out the ranks of griefers. From what I hear, the people who handle things like this really hate griefing and would be glad to help you and anyone else who has been targeted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:39 am 

AdamJohnso wrote:
Griefing epidemic?

New account creation is currently suspended, so reports to support [AT] cyan [DOT] com will likely do a good job of thinning out the ranks of griefers. From what I hear, the people who handle things like this really hate griefing and would be glad to help you and anyone else who has been targeted.

Good, thanks Adam. I will get them some particulars.

One of the ladies that was upset did not write to cyan, she felt like cyan would shut us down, if there were complaints and trouble.

The general feeling was that of sadness over a loss of innocence. I keep hearing this theme again and again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:41 am 

Time to do my new hood scans again.

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:43 am 
Obduction Backer

Remember that Cyan has reserved the MOULa servers for 1 year now. I would argue that they plan on keeping their shard alive for at least the next year, regardless of any in-cavern griefing issues. In fact, I would go a step farther to say they would prefer to know about problems in advance so that players keep playing and donations keep coming in to keep the bills paid for the aforementioned servers :). In other words, the only real concern about the game being shutdown should come from the CAVCON state.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:46 am 

NellieBly wrote:

Good, thanks Adam. I will get them some particulars.

One of the ladies that was upset did not write to cyan, she felt like cyan would shut us down, if there were complaints and trouble.

The general feeling was that of sadness over a loss of innocence. I keep hearing this theme again and again.

I had more innocence in 2010-2011...Unfortunately, I built myself a fortress around me after numerous attacks, harassments and bad PMs. You may think I'm excessively protective, Y-E-S.

No wonder no griefers even touch me with a 10-feet pole these days. They won't see the next daylight on the server... Suffering for me is enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:08 pm 

NellieBly wrote:

This "loss of innocence" has occurred over and over again throughout URU's multiplayer versions.
Griefers are eventually dealt with, there's a period of calm, and then the cycle repeats itself at some point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:04 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

NellieBly wrote:

Adam is right - reporting troublemakers promptly is the best course and won't harm the future of MOULa. If ever I hear about these things happening (I rarely ever see it myself) then I pass it on to Support as soon as I can.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject: Female Hood Public Again
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:22 pm 

Folks,

Good news, we are public again, and open for business :)

Garden Party this coming Friday, 17. May at 13.00 KI time. PM 'link' to Mimi Bot at that time, to join the party. Details will be on the events calendar.

Thanks to Cyan for their quick and decisive action. You weren't kidding, Mac_Fife !!!

Cheers,
Nellie