It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:32 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:06 am 

Read this post for more background info: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=399476#399476

Read this post for info about skydiving techniques, feel free to ask any question on that thread so I can or other can help: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25726&highlight=

Collection Part 2: Eders, Purpleness, & Spheres

54 quests inside 4 series: (These quests will be available through the charming Mimi Bot KI # 21420380)

9) Beyond Imagination
10) Kadish Vaults
11) The Eders
12) The Spheres

9) Beyond Imagination – 19 quests

(This series has been completely reworked from scratch, 1,500 brand new markers!!! I deleted 3 quests and add a brand new one splitting my Poetic Skydiving quest in 2: Poetic Skydiving (a developed story quest) & The Swirls (more in line with my traditional quests) :) )

This is a huge series of quests inside vast & magnificent environments: Kadish upper & lower forests. My markers in that series spawn across almost 400 d’ni feet in height from the lower forest (minus 50 feet from upper forest grounds) to the clouds line (a small section of 4 markers) (nearly 365 feet high over upper forest grounds). You’ll see a lot of purple, but not only that. The most beautiful settings of URU are inside that area: the swirls of falling leaves, the hall with the suspended moons, the rays of sun piercing through clouds, the shore of the lake of mist, the narrow paths in the forests, & the clearings. It is really a journey beyond imagination that you’ll follow with this series.

10) Kadish Vaults – 4 quests

(All the 3 old quests in this series have been reworked completely and I added a brand new one: The Riches :) )

Set also in the beautiful Kadish age, this series focus more on the 2 vaults & also the pillars room next to the main vault. These areas are just like the forest of Beyond Imagination, they are magnificent. There are a lot of riches to take home with you as a reward too :lol: :wink: .

11) The Eders – 21 quests

(I brought my quests in Eder Delin & Eder Gira to the quality of my quests made in Eder Kemo & Eder Tsogal, so basically, I reworked my quests in 2 ages completely and didn't touch the quests in the 2 other ages)

This multi-ages series is one of the toughest I’m proposing. Set inside the 4 Eders, you’ll have many hours of teeth grinding ahead. I tried to make my quests the easiest I could. You’ll find them really hard nevertheless. The Level of difficulty rises from Gira (the easiest) to Tsogal (the toughest). Delin should be a little bit harder than Gira (for some explorers, they might think the complete opposite). Kemo is definitely a hardcore age with 6 out of 6 hard to extreme level difficulty quests. Tsogal is really hard to beat though. My toughest quest ever, I made it in that age. As you can imagine, gardening in this game is not a leisure activity. I'm glad to announce that this series is completely combo-free :D .

12) The Spheres – 10 quests

(It is a mixed bag here, I reworked completely some of them and didn't touch some others)

In this series, you’ll find the most amazing quests ever. Most of them are quite easy if you compare them to other quests. Ahnonay is an age with added possibilities. You can do horizontal levitation, you can do vertical levitation, you can swim underwater, you can ghost yourself on another sphere, etc. You will find plenty of fun activities to do inside my 10 quests (including 1 set in the astonishing Ahnonay Cathedral, real easy one). You’ll find 2 community quests were you’ll have to work together to achieve an ultimate & awesome goal which is ghosting yourself in another sphere.

Voilà! Enjoy this Part 2: Eders, Purpleness, & Spheres :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:45 pm 

HI Annabelle,

Thanks again for all your hard work in the creation of your challenging quests. We have tried to do a few of your harder quests and have found them very difficult to complete, though many jumps and paths are very rewarding all the same.

We have been trying to complete Journey in Gira (amongst other things) and we all get stuck at the jump from the rock pillar to the upper path's wall, which you have said to do with a double jump. I feel that perhaps my attempts fail because i cant double jump at will and achieve the jump more by accident than design generally speaking.

I was starting to believe this was down to you creating the quest on an earlier build and the move was a bit easier or do-able. Then the skydiver came out and i still cant do it.

Putting aside my current lack of skill, i was wondering what the specification is, or was, of the computer you used in the creation of these quests?

Bye for now,

------------------------------------

colon in Moula

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:03 pm 

Right...double jumps might be machine-dependent...

I'll have to do some testings (New PC / Old PC), and most importantly start my "gaming" PC which I'm only using for MOULa server actually :lol: and I tend to play more on my new PC even on MOULa (given the fact I'm not playing skydiving quests...)

----

Oh and thinking of this... Make sure that you start in-between the 2 markers on the side of the rock pile. You need clearance to do a double-jump. You can always try a run + run-jump EXCEPT that's very hazardous lol because you are trying to reach a perpendicular collision which makes the landing safe zone really thin and the odds to visit your beloved Relto really high 8)

Always remember this golden rule: a double jump is a precise & powerful jump, a run-jump is very unprecise & it's less powerful. When I want to reach a given pixel (or its vicinity) for instance, I use the double jump...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:33 pm 

Oh my! I forgot this... :lol:

I did some testings with different PC specs and all I can say is that the double jumps are not machine-dependent. The issue you are experimenting must be with the technique itself.

My 2 PCs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo with 3 Gb of ram and a 256 Mb dedicated videocard (Nvidia) - 2 processors
Intel Core i7 with 12 Gb of ram and a 1 Gb dedicated videocard (Radeon) - 8 processors

It's easy to do the maths here: my new PC is 4 times more powerful.

See pictures:

1st step
[Reveal] Spoiler:
With my old PC:
Starting position: in-between the 2 markers at the same height to give me enough clearance for the double jump

With my new PC:
Starting position: in-between the 2 markers at the same height to give me enough clearance for the double jump

2nd step
[Reveal] Spoiler:
With my old PC:
Now I'm aiming loosely at the 2 high markers side-by-side and I'm preparing myself for the double jump

With my new PC:
Now I'm aiming loosely at the 2 high markers side-by-side and I'm preparing myself for the double jump

3rd step
[Reveal] Spoiler:
With my old PC:
This is where I landed after my double jump

With my new PC:
This is where I landed after my double jump

As you can see, there are no huge differences between the 2 sets of pictures taken while performing this portion of the length even though I'm using 2 different PCs with huge difference in calibre.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Bonus for everyone! :mrgreen:

Schmood is trying to play through my "Journey in Gira" quest.

How awesome this quest is? Here are some pictures to wet your appetite

Bird view pictures:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
As you can see on this picture, I covered everything in Gira. You'll be touring the whole Upper Gira portion then the whole Lower Gira portion in a 1 single S-shaped route

Here are some indications on how to proceed to make it through. The red arrow shows more-or-less all the part that cannot be viewed because mostly you'll be inside the caves.

Eye-level views:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
You see the first third of the route. The start is over the pipe and you'll end up over the middle separation between Lower & Upper Gira parts after a perilous jump from a high above the lava pit marker :D

Still on the same spot as previous picture, you see a part of the 2nd third of the route. In this section, you'll be heading to the upper cave where the last cloth is. You can have the lights turn ON or OFF, it doesn't matter much as you'll have my markers to show you the way. It's darker when lights are OFF though :lol: :wink: You'll eventually exit near the waterfalls of Lower Gira

This picture shows you most of the last third of the route. You don't actually see the finish spot as it's below my feet on the picture. It's over the V-shaped bone. You'll be for a little length beyond everything normally reachable inside the forbidden area (lower waterfall basin) :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:40 pm 

Wow!

Thanks Annabelle!

Yes it is a very precise jump and so i have realized is the line up for that jump. YES i made it whoopee!! First attempt got to marker 35 and the second attempt got to marker 53. The second double jump was too much for my lack of reproducibility on the double jump.

But what a marker game, or more in keeping, a quest! Wonderful views and satisfaction.

I will keep trying to complete in one go. My buddies were cheering me on and said they enjoyed it from below!

Thanks for the computer info too. Very telling. I guess with regard to the post of mine about hardware solutions to combo jumping performance etc we could swap out a newer video card for an older one? Will have to get back on that post and my others...I'm a slacker at replying..easily distracted by other things and game time, but mostly haven't as you particularly and others also make excellent replies that i cant better.

Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication we really appreciate it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

colon in moula shard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:50 pm 

Well this is the thing...

You guys (in general, I'm not pointing anyone in particular here) are looking for the last videocard that goes faster than fast. This is great if you're planning to play the latest games or want to make your computer, your home entertainment central hub.

Playing a 2002 game is far from a good idea unless you want to play in a crowded age. I'm pretty sure you can buy an old PC from someone or buy it in an used PC store. They might even give it to you thinking you're fool :lol:

As I'm saying, I nearly never use my old PC unless I'm playing URU on MOULa server (exclusively). All the other versions of URU, I'm playing on my new PC.

You can always try to adapt your new PC to slow it down... I can turn my quad-core into a single core if I want to. You just need to kill some processors with Windows System Utilities. Even doing so, the videocard is too fast. I need to record using Fraps which require me to have at least 100 Gb available for recording. This way I can manage to do combo jumps anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Interesting discussion. I've been using my son's Asus G73 laptop, with 1.73GHz Intel i7 processors and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M card with 1.5 GB video RAM.

I have no idea how that compares with any of your machines, only that he uses it to play current games.

I was taught to combo-jump on this machine and achieved a first success after one evenings patient instruction. I can do it quite reliably, so I assume this machine is not that fast. I fail at double jumps because I've never been able to follow the instructions I've been given well enough to achieve one. I'm sure that once I succeed I will be able to build on it. It is good to know that machine performance is not an issue with double jumps though.

I hope to get back to the cavern soon and be ready for some instruction, if the offer is still open.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:41 pm 

AlanD wrote:
I hope to get back to the cavern soon and be ready for some instruction, if the offer is still open.

The offer stands...just that myself I don't quite go in the Cavern much. Best chances to see me is during weekends.

A double jump is done more fast than a combo jump. You need to do a walk-jump initially & convert it into a run-jump almost immediately.

Teaching combos, I'm saying to wait for the arms to lift up before converting the jump into a run-jump:

Hit space bar then when the arms lift up release quickly for a split second the space bar, hit the shift key & hit back the space bar & hold them until the arms come back on the side of the body then redo the whole process (without paying attention to much at the loss of height, you'll eventually regain height & go higher, Comboing is a yoyoing process)

For double jumps, you must act & not think too much...

Hit the space bar, release it, hit the shift key & re-hit the space bar all this in more or less 1 sec. The power of the double jump is obtained by combining the initial impulse of the walk-jump (even if you are converting it quickly) with the power of the run-jump that follows. You need some clearance to do a double jump because the initial impulse of the walk-jump before the conversion will make you go forward of few pixels. If you don't have enough clearance, you won't achieve the double jump.

That's a standard double jump.

A held double jump would be to hold the keys (after the conversion) until the landing

A standing double jump would be to do all this without moving a single pixel forward. You must convert the walk-jump to a run-jump faster than in 1 sec. The goal of all this is to reach something high that might be really thin. It has to be done against a vertical surface. It's a one shoot jump so you must not get mixed up and think it is a combo jump. If you do it at the pace of a combo jump, you won't succeed. A standing double jump is a precise jump. You'll land exactly where you were expecting to land...(well that comes with experience)

A boucing double jump is more sloppy. You do a full walk-jump and as soon as you hit the ground, you do a run-jump. You will be send at great heights up in the air. It's really unprecise as you can rebounce anywhere. In some locations, it's the only way to climb or reach something.

In some of my hardest quests, I make you do jumping sequences involving double jumps & for some involving different kind of them, particularly in my series "The Eders". My quest "The Bahroglyphs" has one of the craziest. The ones in Tsogal are tough too :lol: .