It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:31 am 
Obduction Backer

Hey There

Have any of you experianced problems getting into URU since this past week. I've been able to get in with out any trouble for a long time until this last Tuesday. URU loads with the black screen loader and the circle going around the linking book as usual but then reloads a second time, taking a minute to load and then ends the loading with a stack error. I have other computers in our house that I have tried to start URU on and everytime i get the same result after the second loader. It's very strange, I haven't touched or changed anything so I'm assuming it's an upgraded issue from the other end. However I cannot play anymore until some one over there can fix this problem. I have a friend in URU that I was suppose to meet with tonight and now I may not get to play with her in the game anymore. I'm very dissapointed about this. URU is one of my favorite games and a I have friends who really enjoy seeing me there. I'm not sure what to do.

-Estari

"beauty behond treasures, is light before your eyes"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:24 am 

You could try re-installing DirectX-9.

Perhaps compare notes with Keera who is also having login problems.
The thread is here.

Image r'Ricard KI#1479684
" MUSTARD??!!! Don't let's be silly!! "
Learn URU Modding at www.IndyURU.net

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:03 am 
Obduction Backer

Estari wrote:
until this last Tuesday

On Mon Nov 25, 2013 there was a server reboot and an attempted update. Unusual coincidence. Sometimes if anything changes your antivirus or firewall notice a change in the and require you to give permission again before they allow a connection. Unfortunately the error notice is often hidden behind the black update screen.
I'd make sure you are still running as Admin, and that your AV/Firewall allow MOULa to run. If it still crashes I would start up your URUlauncher.exe and then return to your desktop (Win key + D) shrinking the Update window and see if any error messages show up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:07 pm 

Estari wrote:
Have any of you experianced problems getting into URU since this past week. I've been able to get in with out any trouble for a long time until this last Tuesday. URU loads with the black screen loader and the circle going around the linking book as usual but then reloads a second time, taking a minute to load and then ends the loading with a stack error...

Well.... I did notice that odd little thing where Uru 'reloads a second time' -- it's been doing that, I think, since Thanksgiving weekend. But afterward I still get into Uru with no problem. So that may be unrelated to your stack error issue.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

I receive no error, everything seems to work fine, but I can confirm that Uru/Moula since recently is updating twice with every login procedure, which I don't mind, it is not annoying, I just wanted to tell our programmers in charge that this is actually behaving unusual since that latest (non-)update as others mentioned above ... I've checked this three times already by now btw (and linked in there, not just going past that update screen) ... :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:08 am 
Obduction Backer

I can gether then from all the replies I've gotten that the problem is probably in the wine wrapper that we use on our mac. It must be outdated since the upgrade.

My Mom just got bootcamp from my Dad to try on her computer which is an imac so hopefully that might solve it and on the other two computers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:23 pm 

I have the same problem, and I use the old Cider wrapper on my mac, maybe this is a Win-Mac issue?
I like to be able to log in to MOUL without changing platform, but maybe that old viewer from GameTap time doesn't work anymore?
I got Parallells on my mac, but only an old XP on it, I rather like to log in with Mac OSX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:33 am 
Obduction Backer

I was just remembering something. With the downloaded gametap version, I originally had to replace that file in the data folder with the new copy that I downloaded from the URU site. II can't remember on the spot what the exe fileis called but I remember that it took a long time before we could even get that way to work on both My Mom's imac and my Imac.

With bootcamp instead of the wine wrapper, how do you even go by replacing the wine wrapper in the data files? If you don't have to , do you just run bootcamp and just turn on URU?

Any help is appreaciated.

-Estari

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:49 am 
Obduction Backer

I apologize in advance for my wry sense of humour... I went to boot camp and drank wine wrapper..but nothing ever got better.. I'm a Windows Gal....sorry.. couldn't resist... Throw me in the repository...lol

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Estari wrote:
I was just remembering something. With the downloaded gametap version, I originally had to replace that file in the data folder with the new copy that I downloaded from the URU site. II can't remember on the spot what the exe fileis called but I remember that it took a long time before we could even get that way to work on both My Mom's imac and my Imac.

With bootcamp instead of the wine wrapper, how do you even go by replacing the wine wrapper in the data files? If you don't have to , do you just run bootcamp and just turn on URU?

Any help is appreaciated.

-Estari

When using Bootcamp you're basically running Windows directly so it should be possible to use any windows application without Wine. So yeah just boot into windows during startup and run Uru :)

Edit: For the other people here, have you tried to redo the installation process with a clean install? There is no particular reason why this update should be broken on mac, but maybe the rolling back of the update messed up the wrapper set up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah! I am in again!

I just tried HenryMikel 's idea about putting the screen in windowed mode while the 'updating' is processing. That reminded me that I have been bit by mode-boxes before in full-screen mode.

For the Mac the key-stroke is 'apple-key + enter' to put your screen in windowed mode.

There was no mode box notice from the firewall, however I got in! I do not know why or if this is a coincidence, but this worked for me.

Thank you HenryMikel.

--sky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Update. I am not able to reproduce this result consistently. However, I do get in after a couple of tries using windowed mode.

I am not sure if it is luck or related to launching in windowed mode.

-- sky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:43 pm 

I've tried all of this with no success. My Parallells version doesn't seem to work with OSX Mavericks, they suggested an upgrade for 50 Euro, forget it. And boot camp won't let me install my old 32 bit XP.
So I guess it's bye to the cavern for a while.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have been able to get things working again by using the wineskin install described in previous comments and in other topics :D Thanks everyone!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah everyone,

For those like me who don't care for the two available Wineskin versions (they both have significant audio problems), there is a kludgy workaround for the Cider wrapper:

• Go to your Myst Online application
  • Select it, right click and choose Show Package Contents
  • Go to Contents/Resources/Myst Online
  • Right click Myst Online and choose Show Package Contents
  • Go to Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Uru Live/dat/
  • Find and delete these two files:
    GlobalClothing_District_FemaleFan01.prp
    GlobalClothing_District_MaleFan01.prp
  • Go back to your Mac Myst Online application, double-click and login as usual