It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 7:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Guild of Linguists Forum
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:52 am 

There used to be a website and forum dedicated to an explorer group called the Guild of Linguists, but now I can't find any sites active anywhere. I found a few sites about the D'ni language but none of them have working forums that I can see. (I found the D'ni Linguistic Fellowship site, and old Guild of Linguists site, and a broken page that I think is the site with the forum I'm thinking of.)

Is there still anywhere online dedicated to discussion of the D'ni language? Or should I look here or to another all-things-myst-and-uru forum for help?

I'm looking for help with translating some poetry into D'ni, but I'm not sure where to look.

Also, I heard a while back, I think, that RAWA was willing to work with explorers studying the language to come up with new words. Am I misremembering? Is that still a thing? (The words in the D'ni Dictionary don't include everything I'm looking for for fanfiction writing. I could make up new words, but I'd like some way to make sure before I go down that route that words don't already exist that explorers may have just not discovered or learned about yet.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

As far as I know, this forum is the best place right now to discuss the D'ni language.

The thing where fans came up with new words was mainly associated with the old D'ni Linguistic Fellowship forums, so that was a while ago. Certainly there are more D'ni words that Rawa knows but we don't (yet!).