It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Is there any utility which can be used to trouble shoot the login process and connection quality when I am loging into URU. I get so many net 5 errors that it is very hard to get into URU.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:45 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I've always used Wireshark for such things. The problem with it is that it really needs you to have some idea of what you're looking at and how network traffic is expected to behave to be able to interpret the information it collects. Some time ago, a'moaca and cjkelly1 put together a plugin for Wireshark that assisted with MOUL traffic dissection, but I never got around to building a version of Wireshark with the plugin so can't say what help it was, or if it'd really help with understanding your problem.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:24 pm 

Maybe it depends with what / how / where you do connect to the internet. In other words it would be a good idea to say a little bit more about your "setup". See this article...
https://www.techradar.com/news/internet ... ds-1044876

Edit:
Any internet speed test results from your computer to the Cyan's service provider ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:36 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Artic_Wagon wrote:
Edit:
Any internet speed test results from your computer to the Cyan's service provider ?

You can't really do a "speed test" to the MOULa servers (or even a ping test). Besides, MOULa doesn't require particularly high data rates (in today's terms). What it does need is a reasonable "round trip time" and very little packet loss - the latter seems to be what causes most of Net 5/Net 6 errors.

It could be something happening in the route, or something local , so yes, a bit more info on how the internet connection is set up would probably help a lot. I've seen major problems with MOULa fixed simply by moving a laptop relative to the wireless router to improve the WiFi signal.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:40 am 
Obduction Backer

The isp is AT&T. The computer is hard wired into the modem. The ip address, shown in the "Activity on this account" window, for our Gmail account, changes when ever we turn on the modem. It appears that our internet connection can be one of many possible ip addresses. In the past our connection has been good enough to get us into URU. It is just much harder to get connected to URU lately. It took well over an hour of repeated failed trys to get in yesterday. Then after only a few minutes. I got net 6.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:53 am 

Did you make any changes since your old connection was ok ?
Me thinking of water infiltration(s). :mrgreen:

I checked YouTube and found many troubleshooting procedures. Here are two of them but if you check the Ytube menu on the right side it is possible to find more.

troubleshooting at&t hardwire modem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbJPh40l7QQ

lost internet connection or phone, Troubleshoot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFeEj9aueLg

why Does Your Internet Connection Randomly Stop Working?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXbidC6q5-Y