It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:45 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:03 pm 

Decided to make my own topic for this, because as I've thought about it I've gotten excited enough about the possibilities that I want to actively see if anyone else is interested in Being Crazy.

I'm conflicted on the whole DRC/Cate thing. Cate rubs me the wrong way, yeah, but I'm not sure what to do about that or what should be done. If others want to do something, then by all means... but I think I want to try something else, and I want to see if anyone else would like to join me. Numbers are noisier, after all!

Specifically, I want to attempt to engage other factors in the story. Most especially Yeesha, but there are also other characters like, oh, Zandi. (Whatever happened to him, anyway? He used to be our primary informational source on D'ni, and now he just hangs in his trailer eating D'nitos? I think trying to hail him somehow could provide something interesting.)

I have no idea how effective this could be, or how to do it - [OOC: I mean, yes, ICly with Zandi what would make sense would be to go to the Cleft and bother him, but OOCly we all know he's not gonna say anything different.] Maybe attempt a real-world contact ala Preafter via Cyan? (Grover suggested this to me via PM.)

With Yeesha, what I'd like to try is to get a group of people together in a Bevin, maybe all wearing her Journey shirts... and stage, well. Not a sit-in, because we're not protesting, but a gathering. A pow-wow of sorts. As I said in another thread, we could set out cookies for the Bahro. ;) We're here, Yeesha said she would come as well... so hey, Yeesha? What's up? We have cookies! Come have cookies! Hehe. Also, NOT as a Yeesha cult-y type deal - we're not here to blindly follow her, but we WOULD like to get in some kind of contact. That's all. A friendly "um, hello?". Not blind obedience or obsequence (I spelled that wrong), though.

That's my best idea. It's a bit lame, but if it worked... well. There's no promises that it'll work, but if nothing else we could talk Cavern shop that doesn't involve Cate, and try and appeal to the other powerful woman of the Cavern. ;) It could be interesting.

Anybody want to try? Maybe it's silly, but we won't know until we give it a whirl.

Sosiqui in Cavern

Last edited by Sosiqui on Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

If you can find a suitable time, across timezones, I'll sign up for your "Waiting For Yeesha" event.

(More successful than waiting for Godot, hopefully. :))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Maybe you could try something that (IC) might get Yeesha's or the Bahro's attention.

For example, as many people as possible go back to their Reltos and take back the Bahro pillars. From an IC perspective, that might stir up something.

Edit: I agree, however, that we need to stir up other parts of the story. There needs to be more story than just the DRC - they are just to small in terms of points of contact. There needs to be more places that people can interact with, and generate story.

MOULagain KI#27460 - Second Life: Vax Sirnah

Last edited by BladeLakem on Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:11 pm 

That sounds like a good idea. We should all take back our pillars because Yeesha isn't contacting us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:14 pm 

While that is provoking, I'm not sure if I immediately want to take an aggressive tack, personally speaking. That reads too much like a hostage situation to my mind - well, okay, maybe not quite a hostage situation as that's quite a loaded term, but I'd be more inclined to try the group gathering idea initially.

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

IC. Truthfully, I am not to keen on taking back the Bahro poles to my Relto. Naturally, with Yeesha and her powers, I don't really want to invoke her wrath. Have her send me on a penance journey. And the Bahro, for many reasons, I have a great deal of empathy for the Bahro. I really don't want to do something that would offend one of them, in the least.

Yet, I would like to have a contact from Yeesha or one of the Bahro. If the time was coordinated correctly, I certainly would join a peaceful, uplifting, wholesome, beneficial for all, effort. In case the attempt is successful, perhaps cameras should be setup. Unless you think the Bahro, or Yeesha, is camera shy.

I wish I could enlist the help of the Bahro in Delin. Now that would be an incredible experience. :)

Last edited by RW. on Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:30 pm 

Well, I had thought about making this same topic, but didn't because I didn't have anything terribly compelling. The various "pressure different groups to do x, y, and z" tactics are getting tired, I think, but this is an interesting idea. It sounds like a summoning though :D

Sosiqui wrote:
That reads too much like a hostage situation to my mind - well, okay, maybe not quite a hostage situation as that's quite a loaded term, but I'd be more inclined to try the group gathering idea initially.

According to Yeesha, it would be a hostage taking...we were led to believe that the poles had something to do with the spirit of a Bahro. Whether or not that's actually true is hard to tell.

Last edited by Ed Oscuro on Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

There's no pressure in Sosiqui's original thought (to which I've signed up). It's no more than be there in number and be noticed. Summoning is good. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:33 pm 

I think this is a great idea!

As I suggested to Sosiqui by PM perhaps during the waiting for Yeesha gathering we can get explorers to stand in journey symbol formations (hand, spiral, shell) and send pictures of the gathering to Zandi (care of Cyan.)

Edit- Oh yeah I have a big objection to taking Bahro pillars back. :?

Seeker of the journey...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Exactly, Rusty, and that kind of summoning, I am all for, wholeheartedly

Last edited by RW. on Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:46 pm 

Yup. ^^ The idea is NOT pressuring, but simply making ourselves clearly and obviously available. (It's not taking sides, either. I personally do not choose at this time to be for or against Cate. Everyone is welcome to come to this gathering... it has nothing to do with Cavern politics and is deliberately neutral.)

I'd like to do this at some point that does not conflict with what explorers will be doing with Cate - some people might be interested in doing both things.

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:01 pm 

Trying to reach Yeesha is a great idea! When we decide on a time, someone should post the details on the "In Game Events" calendar.

I also don't think Yeesha and the Bahro should be treated as the same entity. If we wear our shirts and ask for Yeesha, we might reach her. If we all 'capture' as many Bahro as we can, we'd probably just upset the Bahro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:03 pm 

Sosiqui wrote:
While that is provoking, I'm not sure if I immediately want to take an aggressive tack, personally speaking. That reads too much like a hostage situation to my mind - well, okay, maybe not quite a hostage situation as that's quite a loaded term, but I'd be more inclined to try the group gathering idea initially.

I seem to be in to hostage takings lately. First holding Ae'gura captive with the sit in and now this.

But the Bahro are free; this is merely representational.

BTW, does anyone have Yeesha's KI# or email address?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:17 pm 

It's okay, Lego... I have a frequent compulsion to raid the kitchen, you have a compulsion to take hostages, it's all good. :lol:

I wish it was that easy, but I highly doubt it. Although one good point: it could very well be that our options will be expanded on the 15th. With (most likely) Eder Tsogahl coming, we might end up with some communication at that time upon completion of that Age or pair of Ages (with Eder Delin).

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:23 pm 

lego_addict wrote:
But the Bahro are free; this is merely representational.

I am not completely convinced, only about 99.8% certain. I guess you're right...I'll do it. If there's any indication this could be unethical, though, I'll have to quit (darn, none of the smileys really capture my feeling about this...heh)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next