It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:26 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Ghost City
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

19. I had an odd experience with a new avvie linking to Ae'gura last night. I created a new avvie, after the update, and planned to meet two others in the city. When I got there, their names were not on the age list or on my buddy list. My list was empty, but we could still communicate via text. They said they were in the city at the ferry terminal link-in place, and so was I, but they were not on my list or visible to me and vice versa. It was like I was in a separate instance of the city. They said that there were a few others in the city with them, but there was no one in my city at all. I ran around and saw no one, and no one was on my list. I saw no text except that from my two friends. Everything else appeared normal, and I collected a few markers.

After that, I linked back to Relto, and tried to meet with them at the gallery, but the same thing happened. No one was on my city list, but I could still talk with them via text by clicking on buddies. I was in the gallery and they were, but I didn't see them, nor did they see me. Again, there was no one on my city list, though they said there were others on their list. It was like I was in a ghost city all my own.

Eventually we met up at one of the hoods, which worked okay. I dumped my logs a couple of times, and quit the game and came back in, but still had my separate instance of the city. Whether I went into the city through the nexus, or to the gallery from the book on the shelf made no difference. I haven't tried it again today, but wrote up a ticket on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:14 pm 

Not sure if I sould report it but I can't get past the barriers near the library, just past the stairs, tried cone jumping but still no luck, is this a bug or just not accessable at this time?

Ayla in M.O.U.L. KI#00313358

My facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=566883777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:28 am 
Obduction Backer

Library is currently closed, like the museum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:08 am 

And the concert hall bridge!

I think we broke it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Donna wrote:
Not sure if I sould report it but I can't get past the barriers near the library, just past the stairs, tried cone jumping but still no luck, is this a bug or just not accessable at this time?

The cones and barricades are for your protection! It's more of a problem when we CAN squeeze past them than when we can't. So for now, the barricades around the library are working properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think we were slightly spoilt with the library being open in UU. It opened in prologue on the last day on Achenar shard only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:48 pm 

20. The reflection of the gateway the otherside of the lake is wrong. It only extends between a quarter and a third of the way out from the shore and it appears to be upside down. You would expect the reflection of the triangle at the top to be closest to the shore, but in fact we see what appears to be the base and the lights,

The general quality of what can be seen is not as good as that in UU or the offline game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:55 pm 

Ditto on Number 19. A footnote for me was that while the new avatar was in a parallel universe, when I logged out and came back as my original avie, I could see everyone and they saw me as well.

My new avatar remains in an empty city for the third day.... :cry:

Kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:40 am 

another ditto on #19

d'mala 00723949

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:36 am 

me too a ditto on nr. 19 with all my avatars (and I tried 3 of them :-( )

Probably we should try, if all "invisibles" have the same city?

Is someone of the Invisibles interessed to meet me at the ferry on 2006_09_17 at 18.00 CET? Nefret KI # 242320

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:36 am 
Obduction Backer

Sorry, but I have to blow up the theory that #19 is avatar related. My avatar seems to be intermittantly invisible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

From Prologue days, this is join-related, ie if a group joins Ae'gura within a certain time and at the same location, they'll see each other. At a point in time later, the next person joining will get their own instance (if there's been a suitable gap since the previous person).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

this is related to bug 19

D'Lanor wrote:
Sorry, but I have to blow up the theory that #19 is avatar related. My avatar seems to be intermittantly invisible.

I did some experiences with a friend this afternoon. I have 4 avies and we found out 3 avies ended up in the same city instance but the 4rth one in another city instance.

She has 3 avies and 2 of her avies end up in one city instance and the other in another city instance.

So depending of the avies we used we could see each other or not. We had a lot of fun experimenting all that.

I think it is avatar related and it is another bug that is not related to the intermittent invisibility that D'lanor and some of us did experiment.

Indeed, when in the other city instance you won't be able to see anyone in your age list but the people who have an avie that has the same city instance than yours and vice versa the people in the other city instance won't be able to see you in their age list, but in the case of intermittent invisibility, people see you in their age list and you can see them in their age list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yup - two bugs, separate instances and intermittent invisibility within an instance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Yup - two bugs, separate instances and intermittent invisibility within an instance.

Gaaah, why do they make bugs that look so similar? :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next